Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed not as promised

31 REPLIES 31
yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Hi, my broadband was upgraded with the faster fibre boost and I was told I should get 63mb speeds. On my old hg633 it connected at 64. When I switched to the new wifi hub it initially connected at 59 but after a restart it is connecting at 58.

Can you check what I should be getting? It seems odd that the older router could connect at a higher speed.Screenshot_20181112-215335_Chrome.jpg

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy

Your line is showing in sync at 55.5mb.

Please can you leave the router at the test socket for at least 48hrs without rebooting, we can then check to see if DLM increases the speed in this set up.

Thanks

Debbie

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Ok, i have connected it to the test socket, now connecting at 57.3mb. I’ll leave it for 48 hrs and check back in.

looks like i’ll be back to standard fibre speeds soon....

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Thanks for the update. Please can you bump your thread tomorrow and we can re-check the sync speed.

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Slightly late bump

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Thanks for bumping your thread. The sync speed hasn't increased any further, however the current sync speed is within the predicted speed range for the line. Are you experiencing any issues with the performance of the connection?

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Hi, 

A few issues

I still get buffering issues on iPlayer through a wired connection during peak time.

I was told the guaranteed speed was 63mb

On the older hg633, I got a speed of 62

Everyone I restart the box the connection speed gets slower.

Not sure what the issue is here, but does the WiFi hub connect at a slower speed generally?

Thanks

Yugo

Community Team

Hi Yugo,

Do you still have the HG633 router at the moment?

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Yes, I was planning on plugging back in tonight to test. But the WiFi on it is poorer so don't really want to use it longer term.

Will let you know what it connects at.

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Ok thanks. Do you know what version of firmware is currently on the HG633 router as the latest version has wireless improvements?

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Hi, it was v 2.0

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Ok thanks for confirming. This is the latest version of firmware. If you are still experiencing issues with the wireless connection after the HG633 is connected then we can look into the wireless issue further.

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

So I plugged in the hg633 and it is connecting at 63mb. 

Is the WiFi hub known for connecting at a slower speed? Is there a firmware fix for that coming?

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Thanks for the update. I'm not aware of any issues with the sync speed. How have you found the wireless connection?

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

The wireless range is poorer than the wifi hub and my experience of it before was that it would regularly lock up and not allow anything else to connect until it was reset. Will monitor for now, but disappointed that your new Wifi hub limits the connection speed...

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy

Have you left the WiFi Hub connected to the line for at least 48hrs?

Thanks

Debbie

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

I had already, yes and there was no change in connection speed from the Wifi Hub and so I have changed back to HG633 to test as discussed. Do I need to reconnect the Wifi hub?

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Your current sync speed is 60.1Mbps. Can you reconnect the WiFi hub and bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check how it's getting on

Chris

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I have now reconnected the Wifi hub and it connects at 58.6 with a max rate of 57.4

So it connects at just under 5 mbs slower than on hg633

Exactly the same cables were used and both into the test socket

Thanks

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Thanks for the information. Could you just try using the cables supplied with the WiFi hub and check to see if it makes any difference 

Thanks

Chris