cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed not as promised

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Hi, what I meant was that the cable and the dsl filters were the same when connectingthe wifi hub and the hg633. We are using the ones that came with the wifi hub

Thanks

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Thanks for confirming this. Would you like us to send a replacement wifi hub for testing purposes to see how the sync speed compares and to rule out any issues with the current router?

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Yes please. Thanks

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy 

The replacement WiFi Hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Apologies it took so long, but managed to get round to plugging in the replacement. It connects at a slightly higher speed - 59 as opposed to 58, but interestingly a slower upload speed - 12 instead of 13

I guess it means that this is just the fundamental design of the new wifi hub - in that it connects slower than the hg633 - unless you think otherwise?

I'll send the other one back. Thanks

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, how long has the replacement router been connected for?

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Probably only about 12 hours so far

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Could you bump your thread in 48hrs and we can re-check to see if DLM has increased the sync speed any further.

Thanks

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Bump, the connection stats are still the same. Thanks

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 59.5mb.

Is the router still connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

yugocrazy
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Yes it is, the connection stats have improved now though to 62.2 down and 13.2 up. I guess it was the router.

Thanks for your help

Community Team

Hi yugocrazy,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks