cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed regression – Faster Fibre plus speed boost package.

Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

Quick update Michelle:

• Speed test 6 December 2018 12:15 – 61.9Mbps

Real improvement.    Back to what is was.    Thank you so much for your help Michelle – very much appreciated.

Brian-BH13
Community Team

Hi Brian-BH13,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

For record only (no action required) – Speed dipping

• Speed test 26 December 2018 12:40 – 57.4Mbps
Brian-BH13
Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

For record only (no action required) – Speed still dipping from early week 61-62Mbps

• Speed test 27 December 2018 9:10 – 56.5Mbps
Brian-BH13
Community Team

Hi Brian-BH13

Would you like me to look into this further?

Thanks

Debbie

Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

Yes please Debbie.   Speedtest 12:30 returned 56.2Mbps.    Seems to have returned to speed early December, see thread above.    Michelle mentioned DLM adjustment to overcome previously.    After few days returned to around 60-61Mbps and, as I say, has been fine until a few days ago when it dropped back again.  

Thanks for your help Debbie.

Brian-BH13
Community Team

Hi Brian-BH13

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 61.3mb.

Was the router rebooted a few times on 25/12? I can see re connections on the line on this day.

Thnaks

Debbie

Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

Thanks for getting back Debbie.  

What happened is that during the afternoon 25 December, the (new) router, for some unexplained reason, developed a high pitched piercing sound.   I pressed the button on the router turning it off hoping the sound would stop when turned back on.   But the sound was still present when switched on.    I then unplugged everything, including the computer and waited about five minutes.    When I plugged everything back and switched on, the sound was no longer heard.    And, thankfully, has not returned.     Could this temporary interruption be the result of the speed drop?

• Speed test 15:00 – 57.4Mbps

Thanks again Debbie.

Brian-BH13
Community Team

Hi

Never had this issue before of the router making a high pitched noise.  I've seen it with the TV Box with a faulty drive, but not the router.

The current speed result is fine.  Keep an eye on things and let us know if this happens again.

Thanks

Karl. 

Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

Many thanks Karl.   Quick Google search shows people have reported before noisy routers, albeit haven’t spotted any for TalkTalk, so guess not just me experienced this?   Anyway, only glad still not giving problem as real piercing sound.

• Speed test 28 December 2018 12:20 – 56.9Mbps.

Seems to be constant around this reading at the moment.  Hopefully, will recover shortly to previous 61-62Mbps earlier this week?    Will keep monitoring and recording on here.

Brian-BH13
Community Team

Ok,  monitor and if you need any assistance just post back here.

Thanks

Karl. 

Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

For record only (no action) – speed not improving.

• Speed test 29 December 2018 8:15 – 56.3Mbps
Brian-BH13
Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

For record only (no action) – speed not improving.

• Speed test 30 December 2018 8:25 – 56.7Mbps
  • 14:05 – 56.9Mbps
Brian-BH13
Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

For record purposes only (no action) – speed still around 10% lower than week ago.

• 31 December 2018 – power outage late afternoon (around two hours)
  • 1 January 2019 – speed test 8:30am: 56.2Mbps
  • 10:10am – 56.2Mbps
  • 15:30 – 56.4Mbps
Brian-BH13
ferguson
Community Star

You don't need to post regular speed test results, if you use the TalkTalk checker the results are automatically logged against your account.

Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

Many thanks Ferguson.   But there is no provision to add freehand text on issues that may impact performance.   For example power outages.   Don't forget also colleagues asked me to continue monitoring if speed not back to normal (60-61Mbps) and post results on here.

Brian-BH13
Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

For record purposes only (no action) – slight improvement, but then slipped back?

Now understand that at start of problem, TalkTalk carrying out maintenance over Christmas period.   At same time, also got caught up, along with others, with email secure server problem – constantly being asked to reset account passwords: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Unable-to-use-Tiscali-email/m-p/2291968#M106365

• Speed test 2 January 2019 8:15 – 57.3Mbps
  • 14:45 – 57.1Mbps
  • 16:00 – 55.9Mbps
Brian-BH13
Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

Results disappointing – no improvement despite reset.   Support requested please to restore previous (up to early last week) 61-62 Mbps.

• Speed test 3 January 2019 8:15 – 56.4Mbps
  • 9:45 – 55.9Mbps
  • 15:45 – 56.1Mbps

Thank you.

Brian-BH13
Community Team

Hi Brian-BH13,

Could you switch the router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if your sync speed has improved, please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Brian-BH13
Conversation Starter

Thanks for getting back Chris.   Turned off router as instructed.   Info requested shown below:  

Internet Connection

DSL synchronization status:

Up

Connection status:

Showtime

WAN IP Address:

Primary DNS Server:

Secondary DNS Server:

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):

Downstream line rate (kbit/s):

Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):