Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed unstable

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Broadband download speeds ranging between 2.4 and 42 mbs. Carried out all usual checks including disconnecting router for 20 mins. Speed was measured at 42 mbs immediately after reconnecting but has fallen back to below 10 mbs. Could you please check the line performance.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dave,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible issue towards the property and the sync speed is varying. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hello Michelle.

Sorry for the delay. The router is now connected to the master socket.

Many thanks.

Highlighted

Hi dave,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, did you mean that the router is currently connected to the test socket behind the faceplate or does the master socket not have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hell Michelle.

Yes. I can confirm the router is connected to the test socket behind the faceplate. 

Regards.

Highlighted

Hi dave,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test again now which is still detecting the same issue, however the sync speed looks consistent for 3 days. What speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Measured close to router over WiFi speeds 32.26 down 13.32 up. On 2.4 GHz band. I also reported the fault to service centre and they seem to have disconnected the 5 GHz channel, I had them separated. I am not able to log into the router, presumably because the fault is being investigated. I told them on Friday that I would be persuing the fault through yourself from then.

Regards.

Highlighted

Hi dave,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, what speeds do you get if you run the speed test wired?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle.

Not able to run a wired speed test, only have tablet and TV equipment.

Regards.

Highlighted

Hi dave,

Ok, could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test please as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Router disconnected for 30 mins. Three speed checks taken

32.4 down  14.3 up

88.99?? down. 13.95 up

45.15 down. 13.8 up

I will wait for half hour and recheck to see if more stable.

Highlighted

Hi dave,

Thank you. Could you also leave a 5 minute gap between each speed test please.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Three speed checks at 5min intervals.

45.95 down. 14.06 up

46.12 down. 14.53 up

23.74 down. 13.89 up

The third reading replicates the problem I have been experiencing, good connection and then sudden buffering and loss of video connection.

Regards.

Highlighted

Hi dave10,

Thanks for running the speed tests. Do you have another router you can test with? If not then we can arrange to send one

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Chris.

Have done speed checks this morning at 5 min intervals.

15.14 down. 14.16 up

11.40 down. 13.61 up

10.27 down. 8. 95 up

Have now connected a D Link router and will run checks again in 30 mins.

Best regards.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Chris.

D Link router speed checks.

40.78 down. 15.40 up

39.63 down. 15.38 up

49.13 down. 14.88 up

David

Highlighted

Big difference, is that a d-link router that we supplied?

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Yes, supplied by talktalk before I went to fibre. The only difference is that the Huawei has a much stronger WiFi signal.

Highlighted

Hi dave10,

Could you try another 3 speed tests, 5 minutes apart, on the d-link and then go back to the huawei and run another 3 on that 

Chris