Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

I am on the faster speed option but speed checks are showing at best 30mbps. I have gone through doing what all the checks tell you to do and still its poor. Only happened over the last few days, but am getting rather tired of iPlayer programmes constantly having to buffer!

Any suggestions welcome!

D Farey
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @David213 ,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session', this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The TalkTalk staff on this forum work normal office hours, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David213

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 61.2mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie