cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband username/password

Highlighted
Community Star

No need to thank us for pointing out the settings required.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thank you? Face_with_tears_of_joy

Good one mate.

I Eat Routers For Breakfast
Highlighted
Community Star

Wink

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

w9970_7days.jpg

Perfect connection for more than a week now. Beat that with your crappy talk-talk router.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

w9970_14days.jpg

Oooh look. Two weeks UPTIME. That's 14 days.

But hey. Who's keeping score.

P.S. TalkTalk, stop sending those crappy routers to customers. From what i've been reading in the forums, most problems users have are related to this issue.

But of course you guys know this. Why any business chose to shoot itself in the foot, intentionally, is beyond my comprehension.

If i had to guess... that's the deal you made with BT/Openreach. Lower cost but you had to use crappy hardware so they can justify their absurd prices. "Yes, sure, we charge almost double but our broadband works much better that the competition"

P.P.S I'll be posting another screenshoot in a week Face_with_tears_of_joy

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

w9970_21days.jpg

And here you have a 21 days screenshoot of perfect UPTIME.

Someone can explain why? I can't take this anymore.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

w9970_31days.jpg

And now there are 31 days of impecable service and stability.

Can't fault Talk-Talk when using my own hardware and not their sub-par routers. Excuse me. SUPER routers (my behind) Face_with_tears_of_joy

Conversation Starter

If you want trouble free broadband, please, consider investing in this router. For 30 pounds it's a gem. The wi-fi is not the latest and greatest but mops the floor with any router Talk-Talk throws at you.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi there,

have this same model of router. Still haven’t discovered the correct ppp user/password combo. Can you help?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello Coleenoe.

Did you managed to get it working? What broadband package do you have?

Highlighted
Team Player

I too have the W9970 and wish to know the username and password to use in the setup. 

Please help

Highlighted
Team Player
What did you use?
Highlighted
First Timer

Today I've also decided to use a 3rd party router. The Talktalk one broke down after 8 months and left me without TV and internet for the past few days (Thanks to the wonderful support).

Since I've also just spent an hour trying to set it up using the official Talktalk instructions, I can confirm the settings do NOT work. So hopefully somebody has use of my experience:

- Get the cheapest ADSL router (I use the TPLink TD-W9970)

- Connect the cable from the mastersocket into the new router

- Use TP-Link's Auto-Detect Connection Type

- It should come up with a result, but instead of using the given PPPoE option, switch it over to IPoE (Dynamic IP) and presto, I was online again!

This means I didn't have to use any username/password at all, just make sure the adsl-cable is connected and let the IPoE do it's magic

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello again.

I'll just place this screenshot here.

Perfectly stable broadband with a proper working router/modem.

Always a good idea to invest in quality hardware with proper support and bug free firmware.

tp_link_212.jpg