Oooh look. Two weeks UPTIME. That's 14 days.
But hey. Who's keeping score.
P.S. TalkTalk, stop sending those crappy routers to customers. From what i've been reading in the forums, most problems users have are related to this issue.
But of course you guys know this. Why any business chose to shoot itself in the foot, intentionally, is beyond my comprehension.
If i had to guess... that's the deal you made with BT/Openreach. Lower cost but you had to use crappy hardware so they can justify their absurd prices. "Yes, sure, we charge almost double but our broadband works much better that the competition"
P.P.S I'll be posting another screenshoot in a week Face_with_tears_of_joy
If you want trouble free broadband, please, consider investing in this router. For 30 pounds it's a gem. The wi-fi is not the latest and greatest but mops the floor with any router Talk-Talk throws at you.
Today I've also decided to use a 3rd party router. The Talktalk one broke down after 8 months and left me without TV and internet for the past few days (Thanks to the wonderful support).
Since I've also just spent an hour trying to set it up using the official Talktalk instructions, I can confirm the settings do NOT work. So hopefully somebody has use of my experience:
- Get the cheapest ADSL router (I use the TPLink TD-W9970)
- Connect the cable from the mastersocket into the new router
- Use TP-Link's Auto-Detect Connection Type
- It should come up with a result, but instead of using the given PPPoE option, switch it over to IPoE (Dynamic IP) and presto, I was online again!
This means I didn't have to use any username/password at all, just make sure the adsl-cable is connected and let the IPoE do it's magic