Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | would you rather see results forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Need help?

Buffering and reduced quality

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

TV is buffering and canโ€™t watch 4K, regularly server not found when using safari on phone. Please can you check for a fault. 

I generally have to turn my awful hg633 off and on every 40 days to resolve these issues- each time DLM drops my speed. 

These were my stats 12 months ago, contrast them with stats currently shown on screen shots below.

ps please can you let me know my contract end date 

thanks

8F5B9760-90E4-4880-A52A-5EE8420EA907.jpeg

78720BE6-4686-4664-A6BB-62F124B633CC.png

Highlighted
Team Player

Your downstream is still in sync at 64 Mbps!!   Thats enough to stream 2x4k videos simultaneously.  Your line is now interleaved which probably accounts for the lost 15Mbps in sync.  If you can't stream at this sync then you are either using wireless (not recommended) or don't have enough processing power for 4k.  Test again using a wired connection.  At a sync of 64Mbps, you should see a speedtest throughput of about 61.  Don't expect this on wireless though, I get 23 - barely enough for a 4k stream and it will buffer.  Try on the 5Ghz band as I get close to 60Mbps on that via wireless.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Tv is a wired connection. 

Wired throughput speed test 16.6 - on supportal. Iโ€™ve had this issue before and needed a new router (only 12 months ago). Now had to resort to turning router off/on again (leaving for 30 mins) and take the usual DLM punishment.

sync speed now 49 after restart - below minimum guaranteed speed. Throughput now recovered (45). 

Service now not as promised- all because of DLM hit caused by poor equipment - all it needs is DLM reset! By the way over the months DLM has never increased my speed.

please advise of next steps

Highlighted
Team Player

Your throughput of 16.6Mbps is the reason you cant watch a 4k film - 25Mbps advised.  Now leaving your router off for 30 minutes will ensure that DLM will not adjust your connection negatively, unless there is a big fault.  DLM collects data every 15 mins and monitors your traffic count to see if the line is in use, it is therefore recommended if possible to try to leave the router switched off for 30 mins to ensure that the DLM sees at least one complete period of inactivity prior to the resync.  This basically means that it sees it as power off and not a fault.  Normally, 30mins offline will result in a newly negotiated session and improved speeds.  Did you take the full 30mins?  Constants power cycles will fool DLM into thinking you have a fault.  Interleaving will be applied and the sync will fall to increase the stability quite rapidly if there are multiple disconnects  I ended up buying a new router from Netgear.  The HG633 was truly terrible.  Wireless performance was poor and sync was 10Mbps less than with the Netgear.  DLM will improve speeds on a stable line within a few hours or over a maximum of 48.  Don't get fooled by this 10 day nonsense, there is no such thing on FTTC.  Your screenshot showed over 20 days of connectivity so likely no fault and if you are on a package that delivers >70Mbps then a power down in excess of 30mins should result in a complete refresh especially as the cabinet must be outside your house with those figures.  Unfortunately, FTTC installs require an engineer to reset DLM.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi harvi,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you like us to send a 3782 router for testing purposes?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi

no, as Iโ€™ve had this before and it was bad. The main issue is that my sync speed is now 49 - well below min guaranteed speed. This now seems more than just a router issue - please can this be fixed

Highlighted

Hi harvi,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Have you recently tested with an alternative router? Does your master socket have a test socket? Once we've confirmed this then we can ask our Network Team to take a look at the drop in sync speed.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi,

the voice service seems fine- no noise on line.

If you could send an hg633 for testing, Iโ€™ll plug this into the test socket. I donโ€™t really want to unplug my current router in the test socket to find DLM has reduced speed further, to then try another router- the service would come to a stop.

thanks

Highlighted

Hi harvi,

I've ordered a HG633 as requested, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok, Iโ€™ll put this in test socket and let you know how it goes

thanks

Highlighted
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi 

plugged new hg633 into test socket - immediate improvement - now syncing at 67 and throughput 63/4. I presume I need to leave in test socket for 48 hrs before putting face plate back on?

Highlighted

Hi

I would leave this in the test socket to allow things to settle a bit before connecting the faceplate.

If there is an immediate drop in performance when you connect to the faceplate then this would indicate an issue with either the faceplate or internal wiring.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok, Iโ€™ll leave it a few days and let you know

Highlighted

No Problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Spoke too soon 

yesterday (after about 20 hrs connected to test socket) lost internet altogether for a few minutes. During the night DLM has reset sync back down to 47 with max rate down to 61- web pages struggling to load even at these speeds. Well below min guaranteed speed - please can you get the fault fixed.NB  I used new filter when router put in test socket and no noise on phone line.

Highlighted

Hi

Next option is to raise for an engineer.  I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi

Engineer requested, will post back as soon as this is confirmed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi @harvi

Engineer has been booked for 24th April AM (8-1).

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok

thanks