Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Buffering and reduced quality

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

No Problem 🙂

Any issues after the visit, please let me know.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Just for info....

throughput speed dropped to 6 - sync 47.

Turned router off for 30 mins and syncing at 54 now, throughput recovered.All in test socket.

Highlighted

Hi harvi

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hello,

Openreach engineer has just left. He replaced the faceplate and found an issue when our phone was plugged in that caused errors. Until I buy new phone, will not know if this is an on going issue.

Engineer reset DLM - however, still syncing at 50. He said leave this for a few days, and if it's still not improved to let you know. Interestingly, he said that sometimes DLM resets do not take with TalkTalk, and that that I should request you initiate a reset - he was insistent this is possible ( although I know it is regularly denied on this forum).

I am tempted to restart router - he did not do this, saying it was unnecessary. He said leave alone for 24 hours....

I'll see if things improve - at present still below min guaranteed speed.

Highlighted

Hi harvi

Thanks for keeping us updated.

If the fault has been fixed then DLM should start to change the line profile. Please can you leave the router switched on and post back on this thread in 48hrs, we can then check the connection stats again.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

ok

thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

075C0E51-53CE-4F74-BC24-203A8F1CEE48.png

Looks like problem hasn’t resolved. DLM reset overnight down another 5 Mbps on sync.

Highlighted

Hi harvi

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable. Your line is in sync at 45.8mb.

Please can you continue to monitor the connection for a couple of days and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi

I appreciate that you want to see how the line settles - however I currently have no functioning internet. Throughput has dropped to 4, web pages struggle to load and I’m sending this via 4G. DLM adjusted again last night- states syncing at 50. (Still below min guarantee) and upload lowest it’s ever been.

Openreach couldn’t detect fault on line, all filters and cables changed. 12 months ago I ended trying 3 different routers to get a similar problem sorted. 

Do you think it maybe worth trying a different one? Please not the DSL one as I tried one previously and it took 5Mbps off the sync rate of an already poor connection.

Highlighted

Hi harvi

Apologies for this.

Have you tested with both the HG633 and DSL3782 routers?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

For the current issue, I’ve only tested with the hg633. In the past I tried with the DSL- but, like I say it just synced more slowly anyway

Highlighted

Hi harvi

We can send a replacement HG633 or DSL3782 router for testing via the Community.

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss sending a Wifi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Is customer services the same as chat on the website? If not what are their contact details. 

I will contact them and let you know 

thanks

Highlighted

Hi harvi

Yes you can use the Live Chat facility to contact our Customer Service Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi

I’ve just attempted communication via live chat - utterly painful and very time consuming! A circular conversation about Fault management already dealing with the issue.

please could you send another HG633 for testing

thanks.

Highlighted

Hi harvi

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have ordered a HG633 router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok

thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Just to add additional frustration to the all round poor service - I’ve just taken time out of work to accept delivery of new router via DHL, only to receive text saying I was out when they called - when I was sat in front room with my eyes on the front door!!!

Now having to collect myself from ‘local’ shop.

As you have purchased their service, you’re best placed to complain. I tried, but only automated options with nothing about complaints!!!!!

Highlighted

Hi harvi,

I'm sorry to hear this and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks