Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can not connect to internet via Ethernet cable

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Have recently switched to fast fibre and had new router. but it now intermittently does not connect via Ethernet, but works fine via WIFI. have cctv and tv via Ethernet and neither work. so there can not be fault with both. If i restart router, they both work again. Rang talktalk, one and a half hours later and they still never understood, just kept telling me the line was ok and you are connected to internet. i knew all that. only after i said i`m leaving their service and would contact the CEO. Mrs Harrison did they offer me a new router, but still wanted to send an engineer out first. its a joke. cant wait for my contract to finish. just hope new router solves problem. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi kevthemole

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer
back again, had new roater, has worked untill today. march 2020. and guess what, watching youtube via ethernet cable, and it gone down again, checked cctv and thats down, even pluged laptop in and hey no internet, but have wifi still, rang talktalk, and there answer is to send yet another roater. this will be the third since switching to fast fibre, never had a problem with broadband router. so is this the norm, a new router everytime it go`s wrong. hope not. can`t wait for contract to finish, i`m saving all my roaters to post to mrs harrison CEO. hope she likes them.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi kevthemole

Apologies for this. Have you tested with a different Ethernet cable?

Thanks

Debbie