cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't book an engineer home visit that I've been told to book?

14 REPLIES 14
Elliott03
Popular Poster

I upgraded to Fibre about a couple weeks ago. My internet has been awful ever since, slower speed than my old (regular) broadband and completely disconnecting for 1-2 hours at a time every day.

I contacted you last night and an engineer was booked for an external visit within 3 days. About an hour ago I recieved a text saying I now need a home visit, I tried to book one and got this response:

"Upon checking. I can see here that the repair case on your account already escalated to the BT Openreach engineering department for further investigation.
And this will take 48 - 72 hours to complete and contact you for the full updates."

I can't book an appointment within 3 days if I have to wait 3 days for the original case to be over? 

Divsec
Community Star
Hi Elliott, welcome to the community and sorry you are having problems. Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow. Please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account.
I'm guessing if you are at the engineer stage you have exhausted rebooting, resetting your router, if not give it a try. Good luck
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Elliott03

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Elliott03

BT Openreach have advised if this fault is still present then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Elliott03
Popular Poster

I managed to book an engineer last night, he was supposed to call today between 8am and 1pm and after taking time off work, they haven't shown.

I got onto Live Chat to ask and you stated that there is an engineer making an external visit on Monday between 8-10am and there was no engineer booked for today..... I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Elliott03
Popular Poster

Hi, after speaking to Debbie via PM's I received a new router in the post. I connected it and was told the DLM would be monitoring it and to update you in 48 hours. There's been no disconnects as of yet which is good, however my current speed is only 12mb rather than my 'promised speed' of 39-40mb.

Elliott03
Popular Poster

Internet is still a third of the speed it should be, still no contact from anyone, speed test taken this morning.

28012019-0719.png

Community Team

Hi Elliott03,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've re-run the line test which is now clear and I can see that the sync speed has increased. Have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed?

Thanks

Elliott03
Popular Poster

Thanks for the reply. 

Weirdly, I checked the speed last night and this morning and it's running at the speed it should be. I don't know if this means it's been resolved fully though.

I spoke to someone on Live Chat yesterday afternoon and he arranged an external engineer again (this is before the speed change), is it worth cancelling this appointment?

Community Team

Hi Elliott03,

Thanks for the update. When has the visit been arranged for?

Thanks

Elliott03
Popular Poster

He just said within 72 hours, this was yesterday afternoon.

Elliott03
Popular Poster

Bump.

Can you confirm if this needs to be cancelled or not? It could save the engineer a visit.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Elliott03,

Usually if they say within 72 hours this is a non-appointed visit so you shouldn't need to cancel

Chris

Elliott03
Popular Poster

Okay thanks. The speed is what it should be now, I'm just relieved it's fixed. Fingers crossed it's all good from now on. Thanks all for your help.

Community Team

Hi Elliott03 

I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased, please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie