I upgraded to Fibre about a couple weeks ago. My internet has been awful ever since, slower speed than my old (regular) broadband and completely disconnecting for 1-2 hours at a time every day.
I contacted you last night and an engineer was booked for an external visit within 3 days. About an hour ago I recieved a text saying I now need a home visit, I tried to book one and got this response:
"Upon checking. I can see here that the repair case on your account already escalated to the BT Openreach engineering department for further investigation.
And this will take 48 - 72 hours to complete and contact you for the full updates."
I can't book an appointment within 3 days if I have to wait 3 days for the original case to be over?
BT Openreach have advised if this fault is still present then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.
I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.
I managed to book an engineer last night, he was supposed to call today between 8am and 1pm and after taking time off work, they haven't shown.
I got onto Live Chat to ask and you stated that there is an engineer making an external visit on Monday between 8-10am and there was no engineer booked for today..... I have no idea what's going on anymore.
Hi, after speaking to Debbie via PM's I received a new router in the post. I connected it and was told the DLM would be monitoring it and to update you in 48 hours. There's been no disconnects as of yet which is good, however my current speed is only 12mb rather than my 'promised speed' of 39-40mb.
Internet is still a third of the speed it should be, still no contact from anyone, speed test taken this morning.
I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've re-run the line test which is now clear and I can see that the sync speed has increased. Have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed?
Thanks for the reply.
Weirdly, I checked the speed last night and this morning and it's running at the speed it should be. I don't know if this means it's been resolved fully though.
I spoke to someone on Live Chat yesterday afternoon and he arranged an external engineer again (this is before the speed change), is it worth cancelling this appointment?
He just said within 72 hours, this was yesterday afternoon.
Can you confirm if this needs to be cancelled or not? It could save the engineer a visit.
Okay thanks. The speed is what it should be now, I'm just relieved it's fixed. Fingers crossed it's all good from now on. Thanks all for your help.