Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't open banking website

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

I have been having problems opening my banking (Lloyds) website from my laptop.

Using Firefox, after typing in my username and password I get an error -

"Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to online.lloydsbank.co.uk. SSL peer reports incorrect Message Authentication Code.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_MAC_ALERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

Sometimes it gets through and then it fails later or displays screens with lost formatting and sometimes it works after several attempts (for a while).

I have tried different browsers and get similar errors.

I have tried a different PC and get the same error.

The displayed date/time on my laptop is correct.

I have created a mobile hotspot on my mobile phone and connected my laptop to the internet through it and I can log on to the banking site without problem using any browser.

Anyone had similar problems?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi daveox,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested again as this will reset the current session? I've also included a Help Article below.

What to do if you can't load websites

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

I turned off the router for 50 minutes and retried .

I immediately got the Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_MAC_ALERT message.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

I have tried the test in the link you sent and it reports -

We suspect an issue with your broadband

We need to run a line test between our network and your home.

During the test, your broadband and phone line will temporarily disconnect.

In order for us to keep you updated, we need your mobile number.

After running the test it came back with -

We're working on your fault

You have an open case and we are working to fix it. Check back in a few days; if you don't see this screen, the issue is fixed.

Where has this open case come from? Is it as a result of running the test? Is it related to my problem with the banking site?

Highlighted

Hi daveox,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi

Ive updated my profile with the info.

Highlighted

Hi daveox,

Thanks for updating your profile 

Has it worked OK in the past? How long have you been experiencing problems?

Do you access any other banking or similar websites? If you do, do they work OK?

Chris

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

I don’t use any other banking websites, so don’t get similar problems elsewhere.  I did get "Unexpected error " the first time I typed in this reply and this is a secure website and this has happened a couple of times in the past?

It started several months ago and has gradually been getting worse. When it happened only occasionally, by trying again and again eventually I would be able to log on and stay on long enough to complete my transaction, but this happens less and less now. My only solution is to set up a wifi hotspot on my mobile phone and connect using that which always works. Unfortunately, this uses up my monthly data allowance on my mobile!

The other problems I have is that the access to the internet drops out. I am connected to the router, but it says No Internet connection. Turning off the router at the mains and then restarting sometimes recovers but not always. Annoying if you are browsing but useless if you are watching a film or using Skype / Zoom.

I also get very low line speeds. The last time I checked I got between 0.1 and 4.3 Mbps download speed and NaN (?) and 0.1 Mbps upload speed. I can’t check it today as the Talk talk webpage https://www.talktalk.co.uk/speedcheck/ is returning a message "404 Oops There seems to be a problem with this page"

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

I ran a test on Tuesday from the https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/ page and it said – “We suspect an issue with your broadband”  and “We're working on your fault…. Check back in a few days; if you don't see this screen, the issue is fixed.”.

Its now Friday and it still says exactly the same thing. How do I get an update on what was wrong and what is being done to fix it. Is it connected to my speed and internet dropping problems or my problems with connection to my Bank system?