Can't upgrade to fibre customer service awful

16 REPLIES 16
barryproudfoot
Participant

hello I have been trying to upgrade to faster fibre now for 2 weeks

I have had 5 chats with the loyalty team totalling 4 hours

Had 2 calls from managers who have had problems

also been promised 2 call back from managers booked in and they never rung

This is awful and no wonder customers are leaving to go to other companies if this is how they are treating customers

After a chat totaling 105 minutes today the loyalty team said

Unfortunately you will have to come back to us with in the next 24 hours as there seems to be  a  problem on our side.

I'm fed up of false promises

Just working internet please !
James5300
Team Player

Probley because fibre isn't available in your area fibre is wires that are faster +system it needs setting up in your area that's why

Ps I don't work for talktalk 

barryproudfoot
Participant

Hi thanks for the reply 

I’ve had faster fibre with talktalk before but downgraded when my son moved out.

just decided I need it now.

James5300
Team Player

U need to go to shop or offers and look for the available deals ik I just upgraded but It won't let me choose which one I want just the one they r comment from what I could see

barryproudfoot
Participant

What I find hard to understand is that when you speak to the customer services managers they sound so concerned and genuine. They said they would phone me back at a certain time on a certain day. I even got an automated email telling me they were going to phone on the day.  Then no phone call !! It seems a very strange way to act.

James5300
Team Player

R u sure your settings and all are correct I suggest getting an engineer out and make talktalk pay for it as they have failed to act ring up and ask for a technician as if they don't ring u back threaten them saying il move to another company like bt or sky  it always works trust me 

barryproudfoot
Participant

I have fast broadband at the moment

i am wanting to upgrade to faster fibre

barryproudfoot
Participant

Still no call back from a manager despite being on chat with a loyalty agent fo 106 minutes !!

hezzie
Wizz Kid
I was trying to do exactly the same Barry, Talktalk will even charge you more than a new customer, after 13 years I've signed up with Zen, Talktalk are getting worse every year, I've had enough, see my post here: https😕/community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/Saying-goodbye-to-talktalk-after...
barryproudfoot
Participant

You would think that the forum would be moderated by talktalk staff and when customers were receiving poor service they would step in and problem solve.

This can’t be the case !

No way to run a company if you want to keep customers 

Community Team

Hi @barryproudfoot

Sorry that you are unhappy. 

I'm afraid we cant process renewals or upgrades due to sales compliance and GDPR rules, this has to be done via the Customer Loyalty team either via the telephone or via the Online chat service, From what I can see fibre is available, and when the manager calls the order can be placed.  

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.  

barryproudfoot
Participant
Thanks for the reply i've been promised a call back from managers twice already and that has not happened.

Also I have spent around 5 hours on online chat to the customer loyalty team or a number of occasions who all are happy to process the upgrade until it comes to the end where they send me the terms and conditions. At this stage they say the cannot complete the upgrade and don't give a reason, they just say i'll add notes to the complaint,

This is really awful!
Gedrog
Team Player

Just move to another provider that is what I did I went from their broadband to their faster fiber loyal customer since 2003 after the upgrade my internet was down for 2 weeks someone else here 4 weeks and counting.

This issue is all over this forum people are upgraded but then migration to their Raduis authentication does not take place, and then you are in for more hell, 21 days after I complained someone calls me to ask about my service, by then I had already arranged with BT a new line and service. Openreach installed the new line couple of hours later I got email saying all was good and ready I plugged in the router et voila service. No endless faffing I have three days left with Talk Talk "what TalkTalk more like snooze snooze" rofl

I want what I am paying for
Pfred
Conversation Starter

Hi Gedrog

Five weeks with no broadband service and counting! Had a call from TT Manchester today  saying that they are rebuilding the radius, for the second time, and also that their testing has revealed an HR copper joint in the CE exchange ; presume our local exchange! He didn't know what HR stood for but I would guess high resistance. I rather assumed that, for the broadband, the copper didn't go beyond the green cabinet  in the street? However, if you recall our two images of line performance, my line speeds were considerably down compared with yours and I wonder if a "dry joint" in the copper might be the source of some attenuation?

Of course, the big question is if TT Manchester have the technology to locate "an HR copper joint" at distance, why wait five weeks to use it??

Will keep you posted.

Peter

Pfred
barryproudfoot
Participant

My fibre upgrade has still not been resolved or have I received a follow up call

they are offering fibre for 19.99 at the moment but when I try to check out it says £25

really strange

barryproudfoot
Participant

Still waiting for my complaint to be resolved 

3 weeks so far !

Pfred
Conversation Starter

Fifth visit from those very patient guys at Openreach failed to find the mysterious "HR copper joint" and they again declared the line to be in order. Tomorrow I will be making my daily call to "TT Customer Service" in the Philippines - what joy!

Five weeks and counting!

Pfred

Pfred