Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot Communicate

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I need to contact customer services to arrange an engineer visit. How do I go about that in the current situation? I've tried ringing multiple times and tried every option on the automated service but can't even seem to join a queue. No online chat, no email address, no enquiry form. I've even tried tweeting the Talktalk Twitter account but to no avail.

Be grateful if anyone has any experience of communicating over the last couple of weeks since the 'reduced team' situation came into effect.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Ian19811 welcome to the very busy community, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back soon inthe meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account.

What is the nature of your issue?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi and thank you for responding. I’ve had some building work done and the joiner has cut through my phone line. He has managed to doctor the cable and tape it up but it doesn’t seem safe and I’m dropping connection almost on a nightly basis. I require an engineer to come and reinstall/replace the cable and whilst I fully appreciate there will be a charge for this, I just want it logging...... at the moment I’m not able to even tell Talktalk about the problem.

Appreciate you replying, hopefully someone will be in touch to assist me.

Ian

Highlighted
Participant
same!!! 😡
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @amyred if you require assistance please start your own thread.

@Ian19811 now that is annoying the OCE team will pick this up and arrange the correct engineer. is the damage your side of the master socket or the outside of the socket, it influences the choice of engineer.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks @Divsec

It’s the wire inside my property that goes to the master socket. It comes through a brick wall from the telegraph pole and then runs along a skirting board to the master socket.

Hopefully that makes sense, thanks again for helping me with this

Ian 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Ian19811 thanks for that it'll help the team.sounds like an openreach engineer and there's the rub, they are generally not entering premises. I can think of a couple of bodge solutions but let the experts work their magic, good luck.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@Divsec ok great thank you

Shall I expect an email or a call from the relevant team then whenever the current restrictions are lifted/changed? Or will a ticket/job be created straight away and it’s just a case of waiting until Openreach change their current policy and start making appointments again?

I don’t mind waiting as long as it takes and paying whatever it costs, I just want it sorting.

Thanks for reporting this for me

Much obliged

Ian

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Ian19811 the Talktalk team are very active in here and will sooner or later arrive at this thread and advise you of what they can do. 

I was just browsing Amazon for replacement master sockets which require no special tools, under £ 10 which surprised me.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ok hopefully someone sees it and it gets picked up.

Thanks again

Ian

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ian

Openreach have advised all providers that any install or any fault where the engineer has to enter the premises will not be actioned until June.

This is not something we can bypass and must wait for their restrictions to be lifted.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you @OCE_Karl 

So has my issue been logged and someone will be in contact when the restrictions are lifted to arrange an appointment or do I need to simply wait until June and try to make contact again?

Will Talktalk staff be back to answering the phones again in June?

Ian

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You can contact us nearer the time.  It could be sooner if the situation changes, we just don't know at the moment.

You may be able to source a local telephone engineer at of the local paper / phone book etc who could do the job.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE