Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot get WiFi connection on my laptop or printer with new WiFi Hub

5 REPLIES 5
AnneLBR
First Timer

I cannot get WiFi on my laptop in spite of following port forwarding instructions. Don't know if I have entered correct details on port forwarding table. My knowledge of IT is very limited. Always in the past I have just plugged in a new router and everything worked. Why this hassle now. Feeling really tired and frustrated! Can anyone enlighten me as to what I should do?

KeithFrench
Community Star

You do not need to use port forwarding just to connect to the router & access the internet. Please can you elaborate on the problem & supply any error messages?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

AnneLBR
First Timer

I can get on the internet with the ethernet cable but it would be much handier for me if connection could be wireless. No specific error messages are coming up. Maybe this new router is not compatible with my older laptop which runs Windows 7. The printer is also not connecting. It is a Cannon MG3051.

KeithFrench
Community Star

So you can forget all about port forwarding.

Please can you get me a screenshots of each WiFi wand on the router? Are you trying to connect to the new network name & WiFi password that came with the router.

The printer problem is usually fixed by returning its network configuration to default & then connect to the new router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

AnneLBR
First Timer

I don't have any wands on my router and yes, I am using the new router's password to log in.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Sorry "wand" was an autocorrect typo. This should have read:-

Please can you get me screenshots of each WiFi band on the router? 

Keith