cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cant get super fast fibre in my area

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

You too Ferguson, Monday will be fine if thats ok? My dad will be there and will be in all day.

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Id like to take your offer please? @OCE_Michelle 

Community Team

Hi LeeJB1975

Apologies for the delay.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 36.5mb.

What speed are you receiving when running speed tests?

Thanks

Debbie

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Ive never run a speed test, i dont live there its my Dads home, i just sort things out for him when its got issues.

He doesnt use his phone as he uses his mobile phone for everything, will that speed things up if he removes it from the filter?

It was very slow again yesterday i was told, he couldnt stream his films again as it kept buffering all the time.

Community Team

Hi LeeJB1975

Thanks for your reply.

As the sync speed looks ok it would be worth testing different wireless channels to see how the connection compares.

Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Ok, will try next time i visit my Dad, after all the help and replies, is it a case of my Dad will never get the boost in his area and can never upgrade to super fast fibre?

ferguson
Community Star

To be honest if you are getting a sync speed of 36.5 Mbps based on the BT checker you posted earlier you are getting towards the top range of what is available. And it really ought to be enough for most purposes, I concur with OCE Debbie that it is worth looking at the internal setup to make sure you are getting the best out of that base speed.

LeeJB1975
Conversation Starter

Ok, theres something wrong somewhere, can rule out the speed recieving is the problem as thats been tested and clarified as its not the issue, i'll have to check the channels next time at me Dads house and see if it makes it better, it does say auto is recommended, but if the router is already set to auto then am i best trying the channels recommended anyways? 

ferguson
Community Star

OK, yeah you really need to be there. If it is a question of wifi performance then I can recommend our very own expert here, @KeithFrench could you oblige please?

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @LeeJB1975 

@ferguson has asked me to help you with wireless issues. Does your father have any devices that use a wired (Ethernet) connection at all to act as a comparison? The problem with changing wireless channels is that you can move the router on to one that is even worse, or they could all be just as bad as each other. The only way to do this is via a WiFi analyser to inspect the frequency spectrum first.

If you want my help with this, then please let me know, it doesn't cost anything at all.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?