cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Capped speeds and too many engineer visits!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
First Timer

I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated with the service I'm getting from TalkTalk and would like some sort of direction as to where I can go from the situation I'm in. 

I moved to TalkTalk specifically for the fast fibre connection speeds of 75mbps, but since the day I got it and it was setup I can seem to get no faster than 15mbps, which we also run through a WiFi extender in some parts of the house so in certain areas we're only hitting highs of 10 or 11mbps. As someone that uses my connection for downloading big files, streaming content not only via 4K streaming services but also live streaming my own content, this just does not work and has caused an unbelievable amount of frustration. 

All of the speed tests I've done are through the router itself, not the extender. After 3 engineer visits now, we're still no better off. I've been paying for a service for months that I'm just not getting and everytime an engineer comes we're told nothing is wrong and that "the issue is resolved". I'm coming to the community now because I don't want to go back on the phone or live chat just to be told I need yet another engineer visit. Our area should be capable of the 75mbps speeds as it was checked before we took the contract, and not getting what was advertised is really crippling my productivity. 

Any help would be really appreciated! 

George Ogle
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Oregle,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks