Did you mean: 
Need help?

Changing my profile for gaming please!

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hello Talk Talk community.

I am asking please if you can change my network profile for gaming please. When I was preiously with you guys, you was able to improve my PC gaming experiences of speed as well as connection in changing the profile.

Is this possible that you could please do this again for me, thank you.

Cynet2020
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cynet2020,

Unfortunately we can't change profiles for a fibre connection as this is managed by DLM to provide the best balance between stability and speed for the line. Are you experiencing any issues with the performance of the connection when gaming? Are you connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Yes my pings are erractic with high and low a lot.

I should be getting pings on EU servers between 19 and 30 but geeting 80 and above a lot. Last night I was suffering with 160 on an UK server where it would drop down to 60 then go up again. 

As a PC gamer lover this is giving me a headache as my performance suffers on a huge scale.

Are there any solutions to this problem because there must be a work round this situation as I'm sure I am not the only one to have suffered these issues without finding a solution to the fix.

Appreciate the reply and help, thank you.

Cynet2020
Highlighted
Solution

Hi cynet2020,

Thanks for confirming and I'm sorry to hear this. Does this also happen if you connect wired? Does this happen any time of the day or just evenings? Could you run a wired ping and trace route the next time this happens please and post the results into the thread.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Ok will do the track and trace router while playing online.

Happens all day regardless to the times so slightly frustrating.

Cynet2020
Highlighted