Did you mean: 
Need help?

Checking the latest software version on a HG633 router

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Les1504
Participant

Hi, can anyone remind me how I check the latest software version on my HG633 router or is there an automatic upgrade process?

Many thanks

Les

KeithFrench
Community Star

Go to the login page, but don't log in. Just expand the Status section below the password field and look at the software version.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Les1504
Participant

Keith, thanks for your reply. However, I think I'm being incredibly stupid but I take it you mean the TT my account log-in page but I don't appear to have a status section under the password box, nor can I see anything that refers to status on this page. I can get into the service status section once logged in. I also thought that I might check the version going through Control Panel and checking internet settings there?

Regards, Les

KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

This has nothing to do with MyAccount, I am talking about the HG633 router.

Please can you connect o your router, by opening a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome etc) and then enter this address in the address bar:-

http://192.168.1.1

enter the credentials:-

When the page liads that requests a username & password, there is no need to logon to it. Instead just below the password field is a Status section. Expand that & look at the software version.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Les1504
Participant

Thanks Keith, Got it ...v2.00t.......yep, incredibly stupid!!!

Regards, Les

KeithFrench
Community Star

You are on the latest version then.

Keith

Les1504
Participant