would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Complaint with the CEO

7 REPLIES 7
Beefroof
Chatterbox

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anybody has any experience with raising a complaint that has been escalated to the CEO? 

I raised a complaint yesterday due to the fact that my listed landline number is being used by somebody else (we called the number and it is being used by a company about 150 numbers down the road from us, they have apparently been using this number for ages) and due to this we have been charged for their phone calls for  the last 12 months. We do not use a landline phone at all, all calls are made from mobiles. We have never plugged a landline phone in at the property.

Prior to raising the complaint I was speaking to the technical team who kept repeating that I needed to get a landline phone and plug it in for a line test. I do not have a landline phone. I do not have access to a landline phone and there is no way I am purchasing one to appease talk talk. I have asked them to Google my listed landline number, as this shows on the Company who is using the number's Google Profile. They will not do that.

I do not feel like I should be responsible for finding a landline handset, spending money to try and resolve an error that is quite clearly talk talks fault and absolutely nothing to do with me. 

I was advised yesterday that my complaint was escalated and that I would be called back the same day between 3-4pm. I did not get a call back. I spoke to a chat member today who has advised me this has been escalated to CEO (which I'm assuming is just technical jargon to make the customer feel like it's now important when actually there is a team of CEO'S and it is not the CEO of the company dealing with it at all)

I would just like to know time frames and what to expect  etc as I have now cancelled my contract with Talk Talk due to their complete inadequacies and would really appreciate this not dragging on for the next year. 

Bethany Marston
Community Team

Hi Beefroof,

I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave. I can confirm that you do have an open complaint with our CEO's Office. One of our Complaint Managers will contact you within 5 working days to discuss your complaint and hopefully offer a way forward.

Chris

Beefroof
Chatterbox

I STILL have not heard back. I have spoken to multiple people using the chat service and have been promised call backs multiple times and have not received any. 

This is getting beyond a joke. 

As stated in my first comment I have been paying for someone elses phone calls for the last 12 months and I would like a refund. As my contract obviously meant nothing I would also like the cancellation fee waived. 

I am in the process of moving house and really do not have the time to be chasing talk talk all the bloody time.

Bethany Marston
Community Team

Hi Beefroof,

I'm sorry for the delay, I've passed this on to our CEO's Office

Chris

Beefroof
Chatterbox

Still nothing....

Bethany Marston
Community Team

I'm sorry for the delay, I have notified our CEO Office so hopefully you'll be contacted soon

Chris

J_Burke98
Sightseer

I’m currently dealing with exactly the same issue! I have been billed £33.13 on my July bill for phone charges despite not even having a landline phone. 

TT have said that an engineer was out to fix it, I got no updates at all throughout the process but that’s another issue, but last night I ended up having an hour long chat with an incredibly rude and hostile customer service manager who tried to deny that there was ever a fault. She tried to pity offer me a £5,and then £15, “goodwill gesture” for my trouble but has now escalated it to their CEO office to contact me as she was clearly unable to help in any other manner than deflection and being rude.

I'm sorry that this is happening to you but I know that you’re not alone in this! 

Community Team

Hi @J_Burke98 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If you haven't been contacted by the complaints manager from our CEO's Office then please can you create a new thread on the Community, we can then escalate this for you.

Thanks

Debbie