Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Confused about why service is not working

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi 

I signed up for Talktalk Faster Fibre in the beginning of September and my connection was supposed to be live from midnight yesterday i.e. 10th October. 

A few hours before it was supposed to be live, I get an email and message saying

"We're having to sort a problem with your order before we can get you up and running. Don't worry, we'll let you know as soon as possible if there's a small delay to your go-live date." 

Cue to morning, it wasn't working and no other updates from Talktalk, so I went on livechat and was told it is some kind of issue with the 'splice cable' and would take at least 7 days to fix.

I just had the following questions

a) I was led to believe that having a new connection would involve just plugging in the router and it working. Why wasn't I informed in the 35 days between my order and the start date that there would be a line issue

b) What exactly does this issue mean? I had a working BT Fibre connection upto yesterday so clearly there is no issue in the line. Why does talktalk need to fix it before they can use it? If that involves an engineer visit, do I have to be home for that. The person on the live chat seemed terribly uninformed. I wasn't told when the engineer could come in to fix that

c) Does this give me grounds to cancel my connection? The person on the live chat said i could cancel only within 20 days of the order being placed not the service start date but if i was mislead by talktalk into thinking the connection would start working from the 10th of October which is clearly a lie, shouldn't I be allowed to cancel the connection? I would rather pay more to BT who at least have customer care which does something. Is there some kind of escalation or ombudsman email available for Talktalk?

d) Is there any kind of service guarantee? If it takes 30 days instead of 7 as promised, am I still obligated to be in a contract and keep paying talktalk even though I haven't been provided the service I was promised

e) I am also now unable to login into my account online, it was working till morning

It just says "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

And hence I am unable to get my talktalk number to be able to update in my profile

My order number is REMOVED

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi manu1991,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is the voice service also affected? Do you have a dial tone?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

I dont use or have a landline

As mentioned in the Original post, i am unable to login to the my account section. Is there any alternative way I can get the talktalk number from?

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

Would it be possible to borrow a phone and then dial 17070 from your line. This will read back your number to you.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

I dont know anyone who uses a landline phone. Is that the only way to do it? I will have to buy one if that's the only option available.

Can't my details be pulled up based on other information? i.e. mobile number or address etc.

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

We would need to confirm your account number or telephone number.

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I do have the account number, just not the landline number. Can i update that in the profile instead?

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

Yes please 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I have updated my profile, please note I have entered my account number as the talktalk phone number since that was a mandatory field

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

Thank you. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I have sent most of the details but I wasn't sure on one or two things if you could clarify those

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

Thanks for the Private Message.

I can see that the order has been delayed, apologies for this. I have escalated this to be investigated further and you should receive an update within the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Great thanks, would someone contact me with an update or should I check here

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

The escalation team should contact you with an update but we can also check for an update here too.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Strange, i did receive a call just now from 0800 955 5544 but they literally disconnected after one ring. I had the phone in my hand and it was disconnected before I could even press accept. When I called back, it said sorry we missed you, and we will call you back again. Makes me think the call was just to put in the system that a call had been made with no actual effort to solve the issue

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

Apologies for the delay.

Have you been contacted by our escalations team since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

No it's Day #4 since supposed start of service of no internet now and I haven't been contacted by the escalation team other than a one ring missed call on Friday which I detailed above.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

Apologies for this.

It appears that our escalation team are working to complete this order and we should have further updates at some point today 14/10.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Debbie, would you have that update when it comes or will I be told directly?

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

The escalations team should contact you. If you haven't been contacted by 4pm then please let us know and we can check for updates.

Thanks

Debbie