Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Confused about why service is not working

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

I did receive an SMS stating they would contact me between 2-4PM but it's 4PM now and I haven't been contacted by anyone

Can you check please, this is turning into a nightmare

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

I did get a call around 5. I have been told that there are faulty tie pairs, whatever that means and they have been ordered. According to the woman on the line, it should take 48 hours normally to get. Lets see. I have very little hope

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi manu1991

I have checked the notes and I can see that tie pairs have been ordered to resolve this issue. Once they have these then the engineer can fully complete the order. Apologies for the delays.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Thanks for getting back,

Would someone let me know once this activity is completed or do I keep checking?

Also would you know if this qualifies for compensation as outlined here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

I will check on the order again tomorrow morning and post back on this thread.

Yes this would be covered under delays to the start of your service.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

I received a package from Talktalk today and it seems to be a Huawei router, I had already received a router a day before my original start date which was a Sagecom router. Do I have to replace that now? Was the issue in the router. Not sure why I have been sent two different routers in the space of a week, or do I have to use both together?

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

I would keep and use the Wifi Hub (Sagecom router) I think the other router was sent in error.

I can see that the order has not completed yet, apologies for this. I can escalate this to our Complaints Team so this can be discussed further with a Complaints Manager. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Thanks for replying,

Yes if you could escalate that would be good. It's been almost a week and it's costing me a pretty penny in mobile data in the absence of any internet at home

Also I hope the order you were checking was for the faulty part and not this router I got

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi manu1991

I have escalated this over to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you as soon as possible to discuss this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

I am pleased to report when I came home from work, the router light had turned to white and there seems to be internet connectivity now

I am getting 68 mbps down/18 mbps up speeds which seem to be in line with my promised speeds

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hopefully the auto compensation comes in now

Highlighted

Hi @manu1991

if you are eligible for Auto Compensation you will be contacted in 30 days via Email and SMS. But you can discuss this with your complaints manager when they contact you. 

Regards.

Highlighted
Team Player
Great thanks, I'll wait for 30 days then
Highlighted
Team Player

Just to report back i got a call from the complaints manager at the CEO office right now. They are crediting £32 as compensation in line with ofcom regulations. The complaint is now closed. Thanks

Highlighted