Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connecting Samsung TV To WiFI

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I’ve just had the BT engineer round putting a new line in etc,( did a splendid job) everything is fine with connection to my IPhones, IPads etc, etc. However my Samsung TV won’t connect to the router either via the WPS button or manually inputting my IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS Server details.

Now my service won’t be up and running fully until Monday 4th but I can’t see that being the reason when all other devices are up and running. Does anyone have any ideas?

Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

I've a couple of Samsungs and this has occasionally happened on one of them. For me, pressing and holding the power button on the remote until the TV cycles off and on again works.

There's a thread on the Samsung Community with many people having your issue. Some have solved it by various methods. May be worth a look. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Samsung-Smart-TV-stopped-connecting-to-internet-w...

Amy.

Highlighted
Philosopher

You should not have to input IP address etc, that should be allocated by the router.

Is there a WiFi menu on the TV ?

All you should have to do is find the TT WiFi SSID and be prompted to type in the relevant WiFi password.

Martin
Highlighted
Chatterbox

All sorted now, I just unplugged the TV and that fixed the problem. Thank you anyway for the prompt reply. 😎