Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connecting another router

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Participant

Hi, is it possible to use the TalkTalk Wifi Hub as only a modem, and to connect a separate router to it? Is it as simple as connecting the two using Ethernet, with the cable inserted into the WAN port on the new router?

Thanks

Theo
Highlighted
Philosopher

TT Hubs and routers cannot be set to work in modem mode.

Martin
Highlighted
Participant

Is it still possible to connect the TT Hub to the new router and use it? Thanks

Theo
Highlighted
Philosopher

You can configure a spare second router as an access point, but it will have to be connected by LAN cable (LAN to LAN port) and a few settings changed on both.

What exactly are you trying to achieve ?

Martin
Highlighted
Participant

Hi Martin,

I've been having a lot of issues with my TT Hub over the past few months with some very large and frequent spikes in latency. I have had no follow up from anyone at TalkTalk after months of trying to get it sorted. So I thought buying a separate off brand router may fix the issue.

Thanks

Theo
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Theoo,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you experience the latency when connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Michelle, I experience latency issues on both Wired and Wireless connections

Theo
Highlighted
Participant
I should also mention that I have already done ping tests, tracers etc. They came back fine. The conclusion that was reached on my other attempt was a new router, but one was never sent.
Theo
Highlighted

Hi Theoo,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

That would be greatly appriciated

Theo
Highlighted

Hi

A new router is on the way for testing.

This should arrive in the next 24-48 working hours.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE