Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connecting to a Work VPN Network

18 REPLIES 18
JB383
Popular Poster

Hi, 

I have called my VPN provider, turned off HomeSafe, tried a Dynamic DNS and all other forms of troubleshooting but I still can't access my VPN network.

I have been advised that I need the Huewai router (I currently have a D-Link) but in my conversations with agents via Technical Assistance they just keep saying that they can't help with a VPN!

Please help - I work from home and my manager is starting to get rather irate! 

ferguson
Community Star

If you haven't done so already make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that the online support team can link your forum identity with your account.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JB383

Just saw your other posts in another thread.  Have you contacted our Service colleagues or do you need our assistance ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

JB383
Popular Poster

Thanks for the reply Karl. I haven't had much luck in getting across the problem to others so your help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

OCE_Karl

Hi

I'm showing that you currently have a the new WiFi hub connected, not a Dlink router.  The Wifi hub is the Sagemcom Fast 5364 model and does work with VPN services.

What VPN software do you use to connect to your work VPN?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

JB383
Popular Poster

CiscoConnect software installed to access VPN. 

OCE_Karl

Hi

The wifi hub has been tested with Cisco VPN services and works with these.

Can you try resetting the router and your devices and retesting the vpn connection.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

JB383
Popular Poster

Nope, still nothing. It says connectivity has timed out. Check your internet connection (which is perfect for everything else). It only started when I switched so it must have soemthing to do with it. 

Thanks for your help.

JB383
Popular Poster

Hi, can you help me to sort this or not. If I can't get it sorted I'm going to have to return to my previous provider. Thanks

OCE_Debbie

Hi JB383

Have you also contacted your IT department to check for any issues?

Thanks

Debbie

JB383
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie, 

Yes I have. They said that the problem is definitely with my internet provider.

Thanks

OCE_Debbie

Hi JB383

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

JB383
Popular Poster

Karl seemed to think this was not the issue but if you think that the router is still the problem then I guess it's worth a try. Thanks

OCE_Debbie

Hi JB383

I can send a replacement WiFi Hub or a HG633 router, which router would you like to test with?

Thanks

Debbie

JB383
Popular Poster

Wi fi Hub please. 

Thank you 

OCE_Debbie

Hi JB383

The WiFi Hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

JB383
Popular Poster

Thank you Debbie

OCE_Debbie
IanGPhillips
Chatterbox

I know that this is an old thread, but I wondered what happened when your router was replaced?

I've recently bought the new wifi hub sagemcom fast 5364 because I was having problems with my D-Link router rebooting itself, dropping wifi connections and buffering.
I could connect to my work vpn fine using the D-Link and connected devices by name fine as DNS resolves the names. Like I have been able to do with all of the routers I have ever had with TalkTalk and other ISP's I have used in the past.
Since getting the new wifi hub, my vpn connects fine but I can't connect to anything by name.
I can only connect using their static ip addresses, which is a real pain.

I want to add the IP address of a work DNS server into the router setup but it will not let me do it.
The screen has DNS 1  as 192.168.1.1 with DNS 2 blank.
It will not let me edit the setting to add a server in to DNS 2.

I've edited the wifi tcp/ip settings and added my work DNS server in to the connection settings but these seem to be getting ignored.

It's definitely an issue with this router as when I plug my old D-Link router back in, I can VPN to work and I can connect to devices by name fine again

IanP 🙂