Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connection drops

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

a few times over the past few weeks I've had both the broadband light and the internet light go out on my router, after a recheck of all leads to make sure they are in the right place,and a reboot I get a connection again,,most the time! sometimes I get a connection for about ten minutes and I need to reboot again, after that it stays stable for a few weeks  or so and then drops again,is there anything I can do? I've had quite a few engineer visits and cannot afford any more at the moment, is there a fault on my line again? or is it the router is packing up? thing is, I seem to get through routers like there is no tommorrow

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Harleygjc,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. Just to confirm, when did the connection last drop? 

Thanks

Wizz Kid

thanks for the help, the lights went out twice today, first was about midday, and the second was around half hr later,both the green lights were out, I rebooted the router and waited and the lights came back on around 5 mins later so the last reboot was around 12:45 ish today

Highlighted

Hi Harleygjc

Apologies for this.

The line test has not detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line. If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then we would need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Landline is working fine, I don't have another router so can't test it, I've just had another connection drop just now and it took two router reboots and almost ten mins for the internet light to go from red to green and reconnect, I can't affors to waste 60 quid on another enginneer,last time they found and did nothing,so could I please request a replacement router,even though it is in a safe spot,never knocked etc they don't seem to last long!

Highlighted

Hi Harleygjc

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Just a quick update, I've had the replacement router connected for two weeks now and I've had no further dropping issues, I've also noticed a soundbar that I connect to my tv via wifi is connecting quicker, I've not had the chance to return the other router just yet as I've had a few problems to sort, but the I have a problem as the router sent is different to the one I had, therefore the box is different in size and I'm having trouble getting it to fit to return it! I might just be only able to send the router and nothing else

Highlighted

Hi Harleygjc

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

No problem, you can put the old router straight into the returns bag if it doesn't fit in the box.

Thanks

Debbie