Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Constant flashing amber light from TalkTalk Hub

15 REPLIES 15
xkbmigalbin
Repeat Guest

Line activation was today and Hub keeps on flashing amber light since powering on. I've read other posts with the same problem, can this be resolved without having to go through forums or customer service? I'm new to having a home internet connection, and so far, I'm very unimpressed.

Community Team

Hi xkbmigalbin

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Is the router switched on and connected at the test socket at the moment?

Please can you also try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

xkbmigalbin
Repeat Guest

Hi.

I've done the reset already, no luck. I've unplugged and re-plugged into power source a couple of times, still no luck. I've even bought a third party modem/router in the hopes that the fault could be the TalkTalk Hub but even the new modem/router can't connect to the internet. 

Community Team

Hi xkbmigalbin

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have a test socket?

Is the landline working ok, do you have a dial tone?

Thanks

Debbie

xkbmigalbin
Repeat Guest

I don’t have a test socket and a telephone to test it with. Would it matter if the master socket came from a different service provider (BT) from the previous tenant?

Community Team

Hi

All tests are clear.  Do you only have the one master socket - no extension sockets etc ?

also, are you able to borrow a handset from a friend or neighbour for 2 minutes just to check you have a dial tone ?

Thanks

Karl. 

xkbmigalbin
Repeat Guest

Ok. So the new hub has arrived. Still slow amber light flashing. I bought a handset to check for dialtone and yes, there is a dial tone. However I tried calling the phone number provided to me by Talktalk but the phone isn't ringing! Now I'm wondering if the previous tenant's number is still active on this line. They were previously on the BT network and the master socket does have the BT logo on it. I'm not sure if that helps. 

Community Team

Hi xkbmigalbin,

Can you try dialing 17070 from you TalkTalk landline, it should read back the telephone number. Can you let us know if the number read back is yours or not

Thanks

Chris

xkbmigalbin
Repeat Guest

It gave me a different number from my Talktalk account. 

Community Team

Hi xkbmigalbin,

Could you please add the number that's read back to you, to the private notes section of your community profile 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi xkbmigalbin

Thanks for confirming this. One last check, if you log into My Account is the same number (you were provided by TT) showing there too?

Debbie

xkbmigalbin
Repeat Guest

No. The number provided by TT is what I put on my profile account details. This is the one that shows up in my account login. The number repeated to me on dialing 17070 is a different number to what TT has provided, which is now in the private notes of my account details.

Community Team

Hi xkbmigalbin,

I can see that you now have an engineer visit booked, please let us know how you get on

Chris

xkbmigalbin
Repeat Guest

Hi again.

Internet and phone line now working as it should be after engineer visit. I must say the most help I got was from this thread, by identifying that the phone number was not the one TT provided me. I mentioned it to the engineer who made quick work of getting my TT phone number working in the proper address. 
I must say I am a bit disappointed that the algorithm tech reps follow doesn't include this process as they have sent me a total of 3 WiFi Hubs (2 replacements), in thinking that was the issue. I had to mention this to the last customer rep on the phone for her to get me an engineer visit to test the lines.

Anyway, many thanks to this forum and for the tech rep Mandy, who made the engineer appointment. 

Community Team

Hi xkbmigalbin,

Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved 🙂

Thanks