cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Constant reboot of router.

8 REPLIES 8
First Timer

In order to retain a normal service, I have to reboot the router at least once a day. Before reboot the talktalk speedtest shows a download speed of 1-2Mbps. After reboot, the download speed goes up to the normal speed of 20+Mbps. The problem is on both direct ethernet connection on my pc and wifi connections with other devices. I have done all the tests shown on the service centre webpage and there are no issues found. This seems to be a recurring problem on this forum. When are Talktalk going to sort it out? I'm getting very frustrated, to the extent of considering changing provider after over 10 years of pretty much trouble free service.

Fred S
Community Star

Hi @Fspencer ,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

The staff should be able to run some tests on your router, and if they believe it is faulty they would be able to send you a replacement.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Fspencer

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer
I have now updated my profile with the information requested. Do I need to do a new post?
Fred S
First Timer
All information now entered into my profile.
Fred S
Community Star

Staff reply during business hours Monday-Friday,  @Fspencer

Gliwmaeden2

Hi Fspencer

I have ordered you a different router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer

Hi Debbie, I received the new router on Wednesday and I haven't need to reboot it so far. Thanks for all your help and assistance.

Best regards Fred S

Fred S

Hi Fspencer

I'm really glad to hear this. Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie