Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Continual 'dropouts' ...

24 REPLIES 24
zenobi
Wizz Kid

My internet connection has been 'on and off' all day long ... no consistency whatsoever. It can run for an hour or two and then 'dropout' three times in the next forty minutes. Since last night I have lost my service no less than eleven times ... 

Currently running okay after dropping out three times since 3.30pm with the latest dropout happening less than ten minutes ago.

John
Community Team

Hi John

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault. Are you experiencing any faults with the landline service when making calls?

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

zenobi
Wizz Kid

Have not noticed any problems with the landline, however 10 days ago I did report a 'no dial tone' fault and over the following week you fixed that fault - or so your told me. During this period the broadband speed was low - eventually you fixed this also.

However for the past couple of days there have been numerous 'dropouts' ... to be honest though there have been none so far today.

John
Community Team

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further drops in connection with the router at the test socket then please let us know and we will escalate this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

zenobi
Wizz Kid

Two more 'dropouts' this morning and have just run a speed-check now that the connection has been re-established and the speed is well down from normal ... 16.4 down and 4.2 up.

John
Community Team

Hi zenobi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property. Could you confirm if the router is still connected at the test socket at the moment and I'll pass this straight over for investigation.

Thanks

zenobi
Wizz Kid

My current phone socket box is an Openreach Mk4 the one you remove the front cover to access the 'test socket'. However the wire that connects my router to this box has a clear plastic RJ11 plug on each end of the cable ... to connect to the test socket you would need a cable with a BT plug on one end and an RJ11 plug on the other ... this do not have. Hence I am unable to connect to the 'test-socket'.

John
zenobi
Wizz Kid

Just carried out a 'speed-test' ... 14.5 download and 0.9 upload

John
Community Team

Hi Zenobi

To connect the router into the test socket, you will need to use a microfilter and then connect the RJ11 cable into the modem side of the filter.

Can you see if you can do this.

Thanks

Karl. 

zenobi
Wizz Kid

Sorry about the delay but I had to go to town to buy a microfilter ... I didn't have one. Anyway am now connected to the test-socket (via the new microfilter) ... so feel free to start your tests ... 

Current speeds ... 17.31 download ... 2.83 upload

John
Community Team

Hi

Ok, tests still show a fault.  Next option is to raise for an engineer.

I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl.

Community Team

Hi zenobi

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi zenobi

The engineer visit has been arranged for 24/07 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

zenobi
Wizz Kid

The engineer called this morning ... did his checks and then told me that there definitely was a fault on the line. He then said he was off to the 'green box' to check things there but most probably would have refer it to the 'underground engineers' ... heard no more since then nd the service has been 'dropping out' all day - currently six times so far ...

John
Community Team

Hi zenobi,

Thanks for the update. I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi zenobi,

I've received an update to advise that an underground engineer is scheduled to work on this tomorrow.

Thanks

zenobi
Wizz Kid

Still waiting ... current speed ... 14.2 down and 0.69 up

John
Community Team

Hi zenobi,

Apologies, we weren't provided with a specific time just that it would be looked into at some point today. If you don't hear anymore by the end of today then please let us know and we can check again with our Network Team on Monday for you.

Thanks

zenobi
Wizz Kid

The promised engineer turned up at around lunchtime - did his tests and then did (in his own words) 'a reset'. Speed was still low and he went off to inspect the 'green box'. 

Today the broadband speed is still low ... currently 18.5 down and 1.7 up ... this not even within your guaranteed 'minimum' for the service you are supposed to be providing. 

John
zenobi
Wizz Kid

Lost service THREE times this afternoon TWICE in the last twenty minutes) and now there is a great deal of crackling on the phone-line (very noisy) .... just checked speed and it is 14.5 down and 1.9 up ..  

John