Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Continual need for router reset

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bratpat,

Apologies for the confusion, I meant have we ever sent you a different make and model of router? Would you like us to send you a different make and model of router for testing?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

No I have never used a different router and yes please send a different type to try and narrow down the cause of this problem. Could you also please update the firmware on my HG633 as it is showing 
Serial Number N7193534N009919
Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00
Software Version SG4K10002816t
GUI Version 3.7.8

Norse
Highlighted

Hi norse,

Apologies for the confusion. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

I have the same problem. I have tried a replacement HG633 but with no difference. Surely it's not much to ask in the 21st Century for Talktalk to provide a stable router speed that falls within the parameters of the speeds that were promised when my Super Fast Fibre contract was started? 12Mbps is not SFF Broadband by any stretch of the imagination. I was asked to start a new topic on this but why? When I write my problem It keeps bringing me back to this page.

Norse
Highlighted
Community Star

@norse , each help thread is worked as a problem for the individual poster only, as the problems are solved specifically with that customer in mind.

You need to return to the start of the board and click Start a Topic to begin your own thread. You can keep track of it by getting notifications or looking at ACTIVITY in your profile area.

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted

Hi norse,

Apologies, we ask all our members to create there own topic to avoid confusion. If you click on the blue topic button at the top of the broadband page then we'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Ah, got it, Michelle. This is the second TalkTalk router since going on Faster Fibre but I'm game to try another if you think it might help. I'm assuming that you know what make the current one is? It just says TalkTalk and Device Version DG8041W-2-T. Thanks.

Patrick John D'Arcy
Highlighted

Hi bratpat

I have ordered a Sagemcom WiFi Hub for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks, Debbie

Fingers crossed 🙂

Patrick John D'Arcy
Highlighted

Hi bratpat

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Debbie - and Michelle

Between the two of you it seems that you have 'cracked it'. The new router has been installed for 7 days without a 'blip', the best run since early July, when it managed 11 days before reboot.

Download has been from 37.6 to 37.9 - the same level I always got when I rebooted after the all too frequent drops. Upload is now 6.8 to 7.1 - that's a consistent 25% up on all results with the old router installed in December 2019. Fingers crossed we now have a stable situation. Sincere thanks for the support. Take a bow.

bratpat 

Patrick John D'Arcy