Did you mean: 
Need help?

Contract Renewal Removed Boost

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
tewsona
Chatterbox

Hi,

I Recently renewed my Broadband contract for another 18 months. However, during the process, at the end, the agent informed me that the fibre speed boost had been removed. They then told me to wait a month and it could then be re-added. Fine, odd but ok... So I have now spoken twice to TalkTalk via the phone / online chat and am now told I cannot have the boost. This makes no sense to me, as I had the boost previously and was receiving around 48mb. My line is showing an attainable rate of 49365. The CS rep tells me that I cannot receive a big enough benefit. I'm saying, I understand the benefit is limited, but I am willing to pay the difference regardless. Why can I not be allowed to make this choice? Surely if I want to pay £2.50 to add nearly 10mb to my connection, that is my choice? This is really frustrating, I understand why this system is in place, but surely there should be an option to override it based on customer agreement?

Failing that, i'll have to move to another supplier.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam
Highlighted
Sidious
Super Duper Contributor

You're not the only one with this particular issue: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Package-Renewal-Fiber-Boost/m-p/2403790

Although I do understand (as you do) the basic idea of Ofcom codes of practice regarding broadband speeds e.g. someone paying for the boost when their line only allows a maximum 40Mbps or less obviously is ludicrous. But they seem to ignore instances for those that actually do exceed the 40Mbps. Probably the minimum speed quoted is under some threshold so that policy kicks into action.

But if you're willing to pay the extra even for just 10Mbps extra and you understand that's all you'll get, then IMHO they should honour your request... just as they should for someone that actually attains 58Mbps sync speed.

Highlighted
tewsona
Chatterbox

It seems we are in the same boat then! I would be less annoyed if they hadn't already done the renewal when they told me I couldn't get the full speed any more. Hence the "wait a month and we'll add it back on". Just to make sure I'm out of the cooling off period I'm sure....

The difference is worth it to me. As it it sounds like it is for yourself.

Let us choose please TalkTalk. If we sign to agree based on those terms then what is the issue??

Adam
Highlighted
tewsona
Chatterbox

Any OCE's that could shine a light on this?

Adam