Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Contract renewal phone help hangs up?

14 REPLIES 14
Conversation Starter

Hi

I wanted to speak to someone regarding contract renewal to negotiate a better price, but the phone line hangs up the same point every time?

My new bill has gone up by £11 as its end of contract and the re-contract price does not offer a very good deal with higher prices and longer contract than new customers.  Id be much better of being a new customer.

Thanks.

Dan

Thanks, Dan
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rectro

Sorry you couldn't get through

Our Customer Loyalty Team are available during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 or try our Live chat service 

Regards

First Timer
Hi, I have this problem too. I have now bought my broadband service from Virgin Media as my Talk Talk contract ends on 17 December. I know Virgin Media will inform Talk Talk about my migrating to them, however, I am also trying to inform Talk Talk, but it is very difficult to contact them. I am therefore informing Talk Talk that I will not be renewing my contract after 17 December 2020 and cancel my broadband plan via this medium in addition to Virgin Media also informing them of my migration to their (Virgin Media) service. I therefore request someone from Talk Talk to please confirm my cancellation either here or email to me. Thank you.
Swaroop

Hi @SwaroopGorkha

We cannot process cancellation on the Community. 

Cancellation have to be made via phone 03451720046 or try our Live chat service 

Sorry that you are leaving. 

Team Player

Good luck getting anyone on live chat or on the phone, been trying for weeks now.

Conversation Starter

I got through in the end, but that day it hung up the same part of the phone call during the automated messaging. Keep persisting, I'm thinking the pandemic like for many is causing some delays and less staff at hand.

Thanks, Dan
Team Player

When a major broadband provider can't set up home working and provide even a basic level of support it makes me wonder how many other corners they're cutting.

First Timer

Hello @OCE_Arne 

Thank you for your reply.  I hope you are not seriously joking about "Cancellation have to be made via phone 03451720046 or try our Live chat service "!

I have tried both these avenues, disappointingly, to no avail!  I attach a screenshot of my second attempt to chat on the Live Chat Service just now via the link you provided, failed on umpteenth attempt!  Once I have fully migrated to Virgin Media, I will wait to see if I get a final bill, if not I shall cancel my Direct Debit mandate!

Thank you for trying to help.

Swaroop

Are virgin media taking your current number off us?  If not you will still have to use the contact us details to cancel your account with us. 

Sorry that its inconvenient. 

First Timer

That is correct, Virgin Media are taking over the supply of my broadband and phone service. I believe they will inform Talk Talk when the switch happens and I understand that I am under no obligation to contact Talk Talk to cancel as per switchover regulations. I only tried to inform Talk Talk as a matter of courtesy. I attempted numerous times to do this via phone and live web chat, all to no avail! However, I will try one more time, without prejudice, via your “Contact Us” channel and if my attempt fails again, I will pursue this no further and waste my time! When contract ends on 17 December 2020, I shall also cancel my Direct Debit mandate to Talk Talk!

@OCE_Arne 

Swaroop

Ok we will wait for Virgin to contact us.

In relation top the Direct debit I would advise not to cancel it until you receive the final Zero balance bill from us, as in most cases a refund is owed due to our billing system charging in advance.

Sorry that you are leaving.

First Timer

need to renew the contract please need an offer

First Timer
need to renewal my contract need an offer
Community Star

@maanaafro Try Live chat here. If you need further help then please start your own topic.

Community Star

This cannot be done through the forum,  @maanaafro.

You need to keep trying the phone lines,  or Chat from here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

However, they are all very busy:

20201117_114955.jpg

For any other help you must start your own topic and complete your community forum profile details. Please take time to read the community forum guidelines. 

Gliwmaeden2