Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

D-Link DSL-3782 intermittently unresponsive

6 REPLIES 6
Jny5855
Chatterbox
Hi, hopefully someone can help. We've been having an issue with our router (it's a D-Link DSL-3782) for the past few months. It stops responding for seconds at a time, with the periods getting more frequent the longer it's been running.

I've tried running test pings during the events, and it's the router itself that fails to respond. The internet connection seems totally fine as far as I can tell. It doesn't appear to be a wifi issue, as it happens to the wired TV box too.

We've tried resetting it to factory settings, but that didn't clear things up. The only thing that helps is turning off the router every few days. Is there an update we need, or maybe we could try a different router?
ferguson
Community Star

If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

Community Team

Hi Jny5855,

There is a later firmware version that we can push out to you, is it OK to do it now?

Chris

Jny5855
Chatterbox

Hi Chris,

That should be fine, let's give that a shot.

Thanks

Community Team

OK, I've pushed out the firmware update, should complete in a few minutes. Can you monitor your connection and let us know if there's any improvement

Thanks

Chris

Jny5855
Chatterbox

We've been monitoring the router, and the same problem still exists - connectivity gets worse over 3-4 days for multiple devices.

We're having a multi-room TV upgrade installed next week, and we've been told the engineer will be changing the router as part of that. Hopefully that should solve our problem.

Thanks for all your help.

Community Team

Hi Jny5855,

I'm sorry to hear this. Thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares with the alternative router.

Thanks