would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

D Link Super Router VPN Issue

6 REPLIES 6
FloJo65
Chat Champion

Hi,

Like others posted on the forum, I can't connect to my work network from home via vpn with the D-Link super router. Not sure whether this 'basic design error' (or value engineering, depending on your view :winkingface:) can now be fixed via a firmware update, or if the default is still to replace with a HG633 router that does support vpn pass through?

Not particularly looking to change the D Link unless necessary. Proving to be a good reliable router otherwise.

If someone can advise. Thanks in advance.

FloJo65

KeithFrench
Community Star

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and change it for back VPN capable router.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi FloJo65 

I'll get a Huawei router out to you.

Thanks

Karl. 

FloJo65
Chat Champion

Thanks for prompt repsonse Karl (and KeithFrench for picking up).

Assuming no firmware update for the D Link from this. Will keep an eye for the HG coming through to try.

FloJo65

Community Team
FloJo65
Chat Champion

Hi,

Just to advise I'm returning the HG633 tomorrows post in the returns bag. Never tried it as was really hoping for a firmware update fix for the D-Link, which has been a decent router so far and looking to retain. If VPN needs must I will probably invest in my own router. Thanks for support.

FloJo65

Community Team

Hi FloJo65

Thanks for your reply.

As soon as new firmware is available for the DSL3782 then your router will be automatically be updated.

Thanks

Debbie