Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

D link 3782 keeps restarting

9 REPLIES 9
Liam Murphy 1989
Team Player

is there a chance that I can have a replacement router sent out to me please? Preferably a Huawei 633 one. The d link I've got is constantly restarting all the time. All the lights will go off and then and start back up as if it's been turned off and then on again... 

Many thanks

Jetting all over the world!
Community Team

Hi Liam Murphy 1989 

Apologies for this.

The replacement HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Liam Murphy 1989
Team Player

Thank you. Hopefully should fix the problem. Shame as the d link router looks a more nicer router too

Community Team

Hi Liam Murphy 1989 

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Liam Murphy 1989
Team Player

Well the HG633 router seems very good.. hasn't dropped out in 4 days. Only one trivial thing is the WiFi can occasionally crash....

Community Team

Hi Liam Murphy 1989,

Glad to hear the HG633 is more stable. Do all devices lose wifi connection at the same time?

Chris

Liam Murphy 1989
Team Player

Hi, occasional on my phone with the wifi freezing.

Community Team

OK, thanks,

Have you tried changing wifi channels or splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands? If not then it's worth a try. If you don't know how to do this please let us know.

Chris

Liam Murphy 1989
Team Player

Hi I'm not too sure how to do that. Sorry

Community Team

Hi Liam

You could try splitting the SSIDs on your router and testing the connection between the 5gh channel and the 2gh channel, some phones operate better with just 1 channel selected.

Log into the router  (192.168.1.1 etc ) and manually change the SSID (Wi Fi) name of the 5ghz channel.

I often find it is better to keep the 2 broadcast channels separate.  For example, I have changed mine, and call one Home2Ghz and the other Home5Ghz.  Some devices can drop the connection when the SSID's remain the same.

Also, you can try manually setting the wifi channel  for each broadcast channel. Try channel 6 for the 2ghz channel and 44 for the 5ghz channel.

Give this a try , test with both SSID's and see if the connection improves.

Debbie