Did you mean: 
Need help?

DHCP Pool Ranges Invalid AND Friendly names not saving

ANSWERED
32 REPLIES 32
Brocily
First Timer

I'm having the exact same issue as this post

I cannot click apply when trying to set my DHCP pool start, I just get 'Invalid IP Address'

Also

Friendly names do not save. I have so many devices connected its really hard to keep track and assign IPs.

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

These are bugs that I highlighted to the developers a while ago now. I am not sure if the invalid IP address issue has been resolved in the later firmware release, as it was very intermittent on my hub. However, often if you ignore the error & save it anyway, it will probably display the new range OK when you recheck it.

The loss of friendly names is still a current bug, which might hopefully be fixed in the next firmware version.

What version are you currently running?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Brocily
First Timer

Hi @KeithFrench 

Thanks for your reply,

My router was just updated to version SG4K10002600t which seems to have fixed the DCHP issue.

However like you mentioned, the friendly name bug still persists which is a pain. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update.

KeithFrench
Community Star

You are on the latest version. Hopefully the next version won't be too long away.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

skudwise
Popular Poster

Even though I have had TalkTalk update the firmware of my router, I still cannot change the pool range. It allows you to change, but does not save it. Going back to the DHCP it has not updated the changes. 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Can you supply me with screenshots of the configuration you are trying to use?

Keith

skudwise
Popular Poster

I have tried upping the start or lowering the end values, and neither save.Thanks

skudwise
Popular Poster

Apologies about the large *.psd.  It will not allow you to upload jpg's??

KeithFrench
Community Star

You just use the Photos button on the editor's toolbar.

Keith

skudwise
Popular Poster

Did you see the screen grab? Does that help? thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star

Yes, I have just seen this. I wanted to make sure that the information you were trying to use was valid, which it obviously is. I'll pass this over to the OCEs now for you.

Keith

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have replicated this on my hub, the only difference is that I do not get any Invalid IP address warning, but it still does not apply the changes. I have asked @OCE_Karl  to pass this across to the developers for me as a new bug.

Keith

skudwise
Popular Poster

Thanks Keith, with my current firmware I do not get and  Invalid IP address warning anymore, just that it does not update after actioning.

Community Team

Hi

Just to confirm, I've passed the reports from Keith over to our Device manager and our PQA manager so his team can test and see if this need to be logged as a bug or as an option for development in the next firmware etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

skudwise
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

Any update with this?

I am waiting to install some new hardware on my network and is very frustrating!

Community Team

Hi

Our teams have identified a defect and this has been added to the next firmware release that is currently in development.

Thanks

Karl. 

skudwise
Popular Poster

Have you a rough timeframe for this. As mentioned, this bug is having a big impact, and this current firmware was meant to have fixed the original bug!

Community Team

Hi

No timeframe as yet, but the next maintenance release does address a lot of issues our community customers have called out, so we are eager to have this deployed as soon as possible.  Our Teams are currently testing the firmware against all issues raised to ensure they are working correctly.

Thanks

Karl. 

skudwise
Popular Poster

Any update on this issue? thks

KeithFrench
Community Star

No, still waiting on a release date.

Keith