Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DHCP Reservation Problems with New Sagemcom Hub

ANSWERED
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I recently renewed my contract and upgraded to 80/20 fibre. When doing so I asked about getting the new WiFi Hub to replace my HG635 Super Router, but I was told that, since my router was fine with the new speed, I would have to pay for a new WiFi Hub if I wanted one.  I declined, so I was surprised when, a few days later, I received a Sagem WiFi Hub free of charge "to reward my loyalty".

Yesterday I deployed the new router, downloaded Keith French's excellent manual and tried to reserve some DHCP addresses. This was unsuccessful because the Sagem router came with firmware 1400 which doesn't support DHCP reservations. The firmware updated overnight to 2808 so I tried  to reserve some DHCP addresses again this morning but had the same result - there is still no "Reserve IP" button (see screen grab below). I tried a factory reset, but that made no difference. I noticed that the software update interface differentiates between firmware and UI software and wondered if I need the latter to be updated too?

Any help with resolving this would be gratefully received!

Pedant_0-1585480707403.png

Sorry, but I don't know how to make the screen shot bigger but even at that size you can see the absence of the green "Reserve IP" button.

Highlighted
Community Star

Never seen that before, if the factory default didn't solve it, then maybe it is faulty. The OCEs are aware of your problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I don't know if this is of any relevance, but the copyright at the bottom of the log in screen says "TalkTalk 2020" but the only date I've noticed on any of the screens I see once I'm logged in says "TalkTalk 2017"

Highlighted
Community Star

Hopefully the OCEs will pick this up soon.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Pedant,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Michelle,

Thanks for the offer. I'm not quite sure what you're referring to ruling out.

The Hub seems to be working perfectly and says it is running firmware 2808, but the user interface it presents seems to be out of date and missing facilities including DHCP reservation.

In normal circumstances I would happily accept a substitute router to see if that helped, but I'm a bit worried about breaching self isolation by going to the Post Office to return the old one.

Let me know if there are any diagnostics I can try to diagnose and fix the problem, if not I'll have to accept the replacement router, but only on the condition that returning the old one may be significantly delayed.

Thanks again for your help and let me know what you decide is best.

Highlighted

Hi

This should be able to save the DHCP changes.  If not then it could be at fault.

I can swap out the router for you.  Don't worry about returning the other at the moment.  Self isolation is more important.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Karl,

Thanks for your help. I guess, when I get the replacement, I'll have to let it run overnight to get the 2808 firmware into it. Once I've done that I'll report back on the outcome.

Do you know if it will be ok to back up the current router's settings and restore them to the new one, or may that infect the new one with the problem with the current one?

Thanks again!

Highlighted

Hi

The router on the way is a different model to the current one.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

At 11:11 on Wednesday i received an email from TalkTalk telling me that my order had been cancelled, so I PMed OCE Karl.who responded that he would order the WiFi hub by another method. At 22:57 I received another email from TalkTalk saying my order had been cancelled, so I again PMed OCE Karl, but I haven't yet received a response.

I hope someone can tell me if I'll be receiving the promised replacement Hub and if not what I should do.

Highlighted

Hi Pedant,

Sorry about this, I've raised an escallation to have the router sent out to you as when we order it through the usual method the order is automatically cancelled by the system - if you don't receive the router within a couple of days please let us know 

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Chris,

Thanks for your help with this.

If I've understood correctly, the replacement router will be the "Black" model from Huawei rather than Sagecom. Will the Huawei router need a firmware update and, if so, will I have to leave it connected overnight for that to happen?

Highlighted

No Problem. Yes it will be the black model one and it shouldn't need a firmware update 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

@OCE_Chrisyou wrote "if you don't receive the router within a couple of days please let us know" early on Wednesday so I'm letting you know!

Before each of the previous orders was cancelled I could see there was an, unidentified, order when I logged into my account - that hasn't happened this time. Neither have I had an email from Yodel which was the first sign that Sagemcom router was on its way.

I'm sorry to be a pain at this busy and difficult time!

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Solution

Something very strange has just happened. I decided to log on to the router after many days - just to see if anything had changed. While browsing its pages I noticed that the copyright notice at the bottom of each page had changed from "TalkTalk 2017" to "TalkTalk 2020", so I looked for the green buttons for DHCP reservation on the appropriate pages and THEY ARE NOW THERE. And I can use them!

The firmware version number hasn't changed, but the user interface now is exactly as described in Keith French's documentation. I've no idea of when, why, or how this happened.

Anyway, I no longer need the replacement router that OCE_Chris was trying to send.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help.

Highlighted

Hey Pedant, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible. I'm glad to hear your up and running again. I don't know what schedule the firmware updates go out on but I do know they happen over night. Looks like your router came up next for the update. I can confirm the new router is not on it's way to you so you don't need to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks and keep safe!

Jon