cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DLM has set my fibre to 32Mbps - was 38Mbps - due to router being power cycled a few times

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Scott

Apologies. This fault was being investigated by a line engineer. They will investigate outside the property first without arranging a visit to the property. If a visit to the property is required then the engineer may attend at the property and if there is no access then they will ask us to arrange a visit.

Speeds can be different due to the way the line is routed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks again Debbie.  As I say, it is all back to normal.  Thanks very much for all your work you did on this.

Regards,

Scott

Highlighted

Hi Scott

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Last question 🙂

On 9th Sep (day before Openreach fixed the fault) my ping time was always 8ms.  Albeit DLM had set me on a 32mbps sync speed.

After Openreach fixed it (and I assume reset DLM) the ping is now 16ms.

It doesn't really matter as I don't need super good latency - but I was interested if interleaving had been switched on.  Are you able to take a look for me - I know you cannot alter it.

If it is on I am surprised as I thought a DLM reset would have just set everything back to "standard" which I thought meant interleaving would be off, and only put on if needed later by DLM.

Thanks,

Scott

Highlighted

Hi Scott

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and you are on an interleaving profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the fast response Debbie.

It'll be interesting to see if interleaving is automatically switched off at some point.

I assume DLM does still control this and it wasn't manually overridden by Openreach.

I'll watch the pings for the next days/weeks/months 🙂

Ta,

Scott

Highlighted

Hi Scott

No problem 🙂

Yes this is monitored and adjusted by DLM.

Thanks

Debbie