cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DNS settings on DSL-3782

Highlighted
Community Star

I am just a customer, the ETA will be down to the manufacturer.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Team Player

Ok, understood.

UPDATE:  My problems may have been my fault.

I happened to notice that I did not change the power adapter when I switched in the 3782 router, so I replaced the adapter with the new one and my problem was resolved.

It is beyond my ken to understand how the normal internet and VPN connections worked, but some remote drive mapping assignments on the VPN were KO'ed

The old adapter output was 12v @ 1A and the new one was 12v @ 1.5A.

Hope no one else has to learn this lesson the hard way !

So, by and large, I'm happy with the 3782 for now, except for the DNS issue.

Highlighted
Team Player
Sorry, but the adapter turned out to be a red herring. I can resolve to VPN issue by alternatively connecting via wireless & ethernet.
That is if the problem exists, and I'm connected via ethernet , then I reconnect via wireless and vice-versa.
Wierd. Now I don't know whether to point the finger at the router or the VPN !
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Old thread but, http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/New_GUI/Dns.asp

AjA

Start with the obvious, easy fixes. Save yourself embarrassment when you find out it's the microfilter that's knackered!
Highlighted
Popular Poster

This helped me. Thanks.

Worked a treat

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Wow! Well done! Thanks for that: just had to change the first bit to my router's address and hey presto all sorted.

Just hope it cures my connection problems!
Highlighted
Chat Champion

I'd like to say thanks for this link. There's no way I could get to this option using the router's interface, and TalkTalk have just told me that these settings can't be changed.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ajaxupgrades wrote:

Old thread but, http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/New_GUI/Dns.asp

AjA

Thanks for this, another satisfied customer Thumbs_up

★Desk Jockey | ★Extended Profile | ★Basic Profile | ★Account Verified | ★Got Potential | ★Feedback Loop | ★Active Participant | ★Completionist