would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSL-3782 router - Ethernet port not working

7 REPLIES 7
valeriuginghina
First Timer

Hello everybody,

I have a problem, I think similar with the one I saw earlier here.

I have a DSL-3782 router, and from day one I have only used the wireless connection.

Recently I wanted to run a speed test and I disconnected every device using WiFi and tried to connect my laptop via network cable to one of the Ethernet ports, but to no avail. No matter what, it wouldn't work. Before switching to superfast fibre, on my old TalkTalk router - Huawei HG523a - the Ethernet ports used to work like a charm. Many Windows or other major updates I have done them via Ethernet connection.

Nothing has changed in my laptop configuration, just the router. But, as I said, after almost  a year I discovered that actually the Ethernet port is not working. 

I am using a Toshiba A210, with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, all drivers up to date.

Anyone any solution, please ?

Thank you !

Val

Community Team

Hi Val

Have you tried all 4 ethernet ports on the back of the router?

Also have you access to another ethernet cable.

It is more common for a cable to be faulty than all 4 ethernet ports.

Thanks

Karl. 

DG_UK
First Timer

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem with my new TalkTalk router?

Community Team

Hi DG_UK,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

silverfoxphil
Chatterbox

Thanks for your response, but I'm afraid its Not any cables or the ports! It is the poorly written code of the firmware!

Not got any issues using other routers, just this pile of ****.

I have only one cable going into the router rest is though patch panel and switch, all working perfectly. The router really does has duff software I'm afraid. To save a config file after spending the last two hours setting up the router to find that the router then loses the settings given is pants!

It could not even remember that I had set it to led off after a reboot. I now have to go around the house an manually reboot each device to get the router to talk to them.

Not a happy customer!

silverfoxphil
Chatterbox

Thanks for your response,

But firstly my name is not VAL!

And I'm afraid its Not any cables or the ports! It is the poorly written code of the firmware!

Not got any issues using other routers, just this pile of ****.

I have only one cable going into the router rest is though patch panel and switch, all working perfectly. The router really does has duff software I'm afraid. To save a config file after spending the last two hours setting up the router to find that the router then loses the settings given is pants!

It could not even remember that I had set it to led off after a reboot. I now have to go around the house an manually reboot each device to get the router to talk to them.

Not a happy customer!

martswain
Philosopher

@silverfoxphil 

Val was the person that started the thread A YEAR AGO !

If you want community support PLEASE start your own topic, posting on a year-old thread is not the way it works !

Martin
silverfoxphil
Chatterbox

Thanks!

@martswain 

Not quite sure how, but I had posted a new post and received a response, somehow when I clicked to open and read it I had opened up this posting!

Not got a clue how, but it did seam very odd to be called Val and talk about the ports only. 

Never looked at the date either as it was late in the evening.

Cheers

Phil