Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSL-AC68U and TalkTalk Fibre

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello there, I'm receiving a DSL-AC68U on Tuesday and wondering how easy it is to setup on TalkTalk Fibre, I've read a few posts on here regarding it and from what I gather it should be a simple task of unplugging my current TalkTalk modem and just plugging the DSL-AC68U in and going through a set up wizard, is there anyone here who has a DSL-AC68U and can tell me what they did to set theirs up?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi James, I would just plug it in and see what happens. Asus stuff is pretty indestructible, and you don't need a paperclip to reset.

I have the RT n 66u which takes the line from my Draytek quite happily.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi @JamesRe06,

From what I've read, you should only need your talktalk login details and password. @CRITU mentioned this in a previous thread:

https😕/community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Asus-DSL-AC55U-Router-Setup-for-VDSL/m-p/2306629#M7292...
Highlighted
Chatterbox
@Divsec and @zomby

I'm wondering if I need to keep my TalkTalk router plugged in anymore since the DSL-AC68U is a modem and router I will see if I can chat to live support now and if they have any information on it.
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi James, you certainly will not need the Talktalk router but don't forget you will need it if your line ever has problems, Talktalk cannot be expected to support third party kit.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Chatterbox
Yep, just spoke to someone and I didn't realise the "Username" was my telephone number and @talktalk I was reading it wrong, so hopefully everything should go smoothly, thanks guys.
Highlighted
Chatterbox
Oh yeah I'm gonna keep it on standby if I ever need it, thanks for your help!
Highlighted
Community Star

The username/password setup won't work, TalkTalk use remote authentication via DHCP servers. So choose that. But hopefully the setup "wizard" or whatever it is will do all that for you. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ah okay, thats good to know, I've seen a few videos of the set up wizard and it looks fairly straight forward, I'll see tomorrow.