Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSL3782 GUI very restricted

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant

Hi

I find the GUI for this router very restricted and 'dumbed down'. For instance I don't seem to be able to give each device on the WIFI network a 'familiar' name - instead it tries (not very successfully) to work out (from the MAC address) the vendor and device name and many are incorrect which makes it difficult to what is actually on the network.

I would also like to be able to see the usage and time of usage on each device in order to know when and how much (but not what) users were actually using. ie if asked kids to go to bed/device off - yeah I know it's big brother but.....

So my firmware is v1.10t - I think this is the latest.

Previous routers had some of these features (naming) - it seems that TT are limiting what admin can do which, in my view, is wrong - it's my (private) network - I should be able to, at least, see whats going through it.

Are there any third party apps/utilities that would give me more information?

Thanks for listening....Andy

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Not much we can do about the GUI or features within the router.  This is decided by the business and Dlink supply the firmware as requested.

I'm not aware of any apps that can do this directly as these would need to be tied to the router to detect the amount of traffic etc.

If this is something that is important you may need to look at a third party router with these type of capabilities.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

@andyk123 Hi, not sure if the manual would help you but it does include details of how to update device names, will just depend if it's an available option - here's a link to it which doesn't require you to download anything https://www.manualsearcher.com/d-link/dsl-3782/manual?p=1

Highlighted
Participant
Hi

Thanks....but although I can click the 'pencil' there is no option to change the name...it seems that TT have removed various commands from the raw D-Link router...
Highlighted
Team Player

@andyk123 Pity, have a look at the Fast 5364 which they're currently supplying, I have one & you can certainly change the names on that box, you may even get them to wave the £30 upgrade if you've got loads of charm, KeithFrench has written a guide on the 5364 & you should be able to find it on here somewhere.