Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dead Router = Openreach Engineer?!?!

12 REPLIES 12
BerryViney
Popular Poster

This morning I have phoned CC team to report our router is dead - no power - yet they are insisting on sending an OpenReach engineer to diagnose the problem!

I explained I don’t need an engineer, it’s not line, it’s the router, but they guy wasn’t having it . . .

So now have to wait 3 days for an engineer to tell me something I already know . . . And then who knows who long after that . . .

Why can’t they just send a new router?

Anyone else experienced the same?

Community Team

Hi BerryViney 

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

BerryViney
Popular Poster
Thanks @OCE_Debbie

Done
Community Team

Hi BerryViney

Thank you for updating your Community Profile.

Just to confirm, is your landline service working ok when making calls?

Would you like me to cancel the engineer visit and send a replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

BerryViney
Popular Poster
Debbie!
You’re amazing!
Landline is fine, I’m confident in saying a new router is the answer here; yes please!
Community Team

Hi BerryViney

Thanks for your reply.

I've contacted our Network Team and asked them to cancel this engineer visit. I have also ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

BerryViney
Popular Poster

Thank you. 😊

Will keep you updated. 

Community Team
Community Team

Hi BerryViney

Our Network Team have confirmed that the engineer visit has been cancelled.

Thanks

Debbie

DanielP9690
Team Player
Had the same happen to me. Router wouldn't turn on at all as I think the power adapter had packed up, contacted TT CS and they insisted on going through the entire script! Wanted me to connect it to the test socket but I told them I couldn't as I didn't have a micro filter (I have a NTE5C socket with a built in filter) and they told me that was the problem and they would send me one. Explained again that my phone socket doesn't need them and then they performed a line test and said there was a fault and I needed an engineer out.

They then told me that if the engineer came and it turned out the equipment was faulty or they couldn't find a fault, I would be charged! When I refused the engineer visit they said they can't escalate it further as I was unwilling to cooperate! Luckily my neighbour had recently switched from TT to EE and she was happy to give me her old router that she had put in the shed!

If you ever need to get something done with TT, come to the forums! Their customer support via phone and live chat is appalling
BerryViney
Popular Poster

Yep, exactly the same thing with me. I tried explaining unless the OpenReach engineer carries routers around with them it’s not going to solve the issue and is going to be a wasted trip.

Good shout about the power supply, I might try that as I’m meant to be working from home tomorrow 🤷🏻‍♂️

BerryViney
Popular Poster

@OCE_Debbie New router has arrived and as @DanielP9690 had experienced, it was the power pack that was the issue.

All back up and running.  Thanks again.

Community Team

Hi

Glad everything is working now.  Any further issues, just give the team a shout.

Regards,

Karl.