cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Default Private IP Address Scope 192.168.1.x Can Not Be Changed!

2 REPLIES 2
mowanni
First Timer

I had a new router (Talktalk business) installed only yesterday. I have been trying to change the default private IP address scope from 192.168.1.x to 10.18.18.x which is a very simple task to do right? however every time I've tried to perform the changes, I get the error message "Invalid IP address"  - so the router won't allow it!

I spoke to the so called technical team on three occasions but sadly none of them had any idea what I was referring to, which is very frustrating to say the least.

I've seen one of the previous posts stated that a firmware is needed in order to allow this type of changes.

My current router's firmware version is: SG4K1100014

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Sorry but this forum is only for residential customers only, for all business support, please visit:-

https://supportcentre.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/home

However, I will try my best to help you, but the Business versions do not have the same firmware as the residential routers, so there may be options or bugs that I am not aware of in the business version.

There are various issues here:-

1. You need to get the Sagemcom's firmware updated (presumably you need to contact TT Business for this)
  2. You need to change the router's IP address to network 10
  3. Make sure the DNS address handed out via DHCP is the router's net 10 IP address
  4. Then you'll be able to change the DHCP address pool.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

mowanni
First Timer

Hi Keith,

Many Thanks for your swift response - much appreciated. 

I have mentioned to TT technical team that I needed a firmware for my router but they said they don't send out any firmware updates as this is done automatically!

I will post the same question on the business forum as you advised and see what happens.

Thanks again Keith.