Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Devices stay connected to the router but unable to access the internet

6 REPLIES 6
Ralph_72
Sightseer

Hi

On almost a daily basis my devices stay connected to the router but lose access to the internet. PC says 'connected, no internet' and phones have the wifi indicator but with an ! mark next to it. This happens over a few minutes, not all devices lose connection at the same time and the wired devices seem to lose connection last.

Rebooting the router solves the problem, but obviously I would rather not have home school and work calls etc. terminated due to losing access to the internet. 

Has anybody else experienced this and has found a solution?

I have contacted talktalk but they are not able to resolve the issue after checking my line, sending me a new router and updating the router firmware.

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Ralph_72,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

Ralph_72
Sightseer
Thank you Skynet_TX. I have updated my profile.

Having spent a long time on many conversations with TalkTalk about this over recent months, i was coming to the conclusion that switching provider is the answer.
I now notice that other users have similar issues with their SAGEM routers and talktalk are providing them with different routers. Maybe that is the solution.
Skynet_TX
Community Star
Yep, you are correct that several customers with the Sagemcom router have had similar sounding issues, this seems to be related to the router losing DNS config. The only thing that stopped me mentioning that was the fact you said you had already tried a replacement router, however I guess if both of them were the Sagemcom hub you might have just been unlucky and had two that showed the same issue. The staff here should hopefully be able to respond within a day or two, and if they can't see any other potential cause for this issue, and if they think the router might be the cause, they may be able to send you the Huawei Wi-Fi hub to test with instead.
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ralph,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, were both routers the Sagemcom wifi hub? If so then would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub instead? Just to add, we do have new firmware coming soon which should resolve this particular issue.

Thanks

Ralph_72
Sightseer
Hi Michelle. The original and replacement router are Sagemcom. Please send me the Huawei router. Thank you.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ralph_72

The Huawei WIFI Hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie