Did you mean: 
Need help?

Direct access doesn’t work

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
SteveWilkins
Chatterbox

Hi, 

I can’t use Direct Access to connect to my work network which is stopping me working from home. I’ve seen on other posts that the talk talk router is the problem. Please can you send me a replacement router? 

Thanks, 

Steve 

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

I assume that Direct Access is a VPN client? If so and you have the DSL-3782 router running firmware V1.08, then this does block VPN traffic. There is now new firmware (V1.10) that fixes this issue.

If you can please confirm my assumptions about Direct & Access & the make/model/firmware of this router, then I can get TalkTalk to upgrade it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Steve

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
SteveWilkins
Chatterbox

Thanks, 

I've updated my profile @OCE_Debbie 

I can also confirm that I have the latest firmware, v1.10.

Please help me get this fixed as it's very difficult to work from home currently.

Thanks,

Steve

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

Does your IT department hand out IP addresses on the 192.168.1.0 network?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Steve

Apologies, I'm unable to locate any details with the telephone number in your Community Profile, is this the correct number? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
SteveWilkins
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie, 

I've updated my profile with my Talk Talk phone number. We don't have a house phone in the flat so don't use this number. If you need to talk to me then my mobile number (also on my profile) is best. 

Thanks for helping, 

Steve

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

You still need to include it in your profile, as that is what identifies your broadband which runs over your line. You can find it out by logging into MyAccount.

Keith

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Steve

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I can see that your router has the latest firmware version. Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
SteveWilkins
Chatterbox

Yes we are still experiencing the issue. This is really disrupting us, please can you help ASAP. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Steve

Apologies for this.

I can send a HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
SteveWilkins
Chatterbox

Hi, 

Yes please send ASAP. Do you need anything else from me?

Thanks,

Steve

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Huawei router on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Did the router arrive and has this helped ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
topcat1608
First Timer

@OCE_Debbie  or @OCE_Karl 

I am also having this problem. My internet kept dropping so i was sent the new HomeHub, now I can't work from home remotely which is part of my job! Please help asap.

TopCat
Highlighted
martswain
Philosopher

@topcat1608 

Please start your own topic and then the OCEs will help.

Martin