Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Disable UPnP

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Tom,

Could you run a wired ping and trace route and post the results into the thread so we can see how they compare?

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Keith,

Are you able to provide an estimated date for when the option to disable UPnP will be made available?

I find it baffling that TalkTalk would remove the option while knowing the security issues associated with UPnP. I also know for a fact that my old TalkTalk router (HG633) did have option.

Many thanks,

Lorik

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle 

many chance you could disable my upnp please?

many thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Pricey1989

I'm sorry for the delay. Our Products Team have advised that we can't remove this.

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer

Hi.....did you ever manage to get this sorted out? I have got the same problem but talk talk live chat don't even know what UPNP is!!!

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Debbie,

In the following post (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Switch-off-UPnP-on-Sagemcom-FAST-5364-router/td-p/2442...), the products team did indeed disable UPnP, can you please confirm the steps I need to follow in order to have the option disabled on my router. 

Thanks,

Lorik

Highlighted
Chatterbox

After logging in to the router web interface, press F12 for a console and copy in the following before pressing enter to disable UPnP:

$.xmo.setValuesTree(false,"Device/UPnP/Device/Enable")

Or the following to re-enable UPnP:

$.xmo.setValuesTree(true,"Device/UPnP/Device/Enable")