cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dlink web address on the back of the extender kit does not work?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi. Dlink web address on the back of the talktalk extender kit (bought from the Talktalk store) does not work? When I try to access it it states

"Sorry, the website dlinkapXXXX.local.local. cannot be found." Just to be clear, I have replaced the letters and one number on the back with XXXX. May I ask why I cannot access the website please? The extender works via a cable to the laptop. The wireless connection is not working. It stated on a Talktalk support site that it may be because the Talktalk router is a few years old, so I tried to follow the other way of connecting via the DLINK web address on the back of the extender.

Highlighted
Community Star

You do not state what is the make/model of router you have, so I cannot be specific on how to fix this or use my workaround. The workaround is to log on to the router, find out the IP address allocated to the extender and put that address into the browser's address bar. This will bring up the extender's login.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Keith, Thank you for responding. yes, good point. It is:
Talktalk wifi extender kit, D-Link DHP-W610av. The one currently in store it was bought in April 2020.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Star

I did ask what make/model of router you have as there can be a possibility of fixing this issue by adding some configuration to the router. Can you manage the extender OK now from its IP address?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Doh!

Router is 

:

D-Link - DSL-3780 N Broadband Wireless ADSL2 Router

Hardware version B1

firmware version v1.04t

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@KeithFrench 

Doh!

Router is 

:

D-Link - DSL-3780 N Broadband Wireless ADSL2 Router

Hardware version B1

firmware version v1.04t

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I tried that dlink address on the extender again and this time I got in. So all working. Thank you for your patience and support

Howard