cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Downgrade request activated?

1 REPLY 1
First Timer

In brief: we ‘changed our minds’ about a Fibre upgrade more than 24 hours ago, but have not yet received confirmation that the cancellation of Fibre and return to ADSL is being actioned.

Background:

We’re now nine days without internet since TalkTalk ‘upgraded us’ to Fibre.

In a Chat more than 24 hours ago, I requested that TalkTalk cancel our Fibre contract - as per the 20 day period to change our minds stipulated in the T&Cs - as, right now I’m these challenging times, we would rather have patchy ADSL than no internet at all.

The Chat rep said that he would log this as a priority. Another chat rep said the process would take just 24 hours if we requested it.

Now more than 24 hours later, I’ve still received no confirmation of the request over email, text, nor in my account or anywhere. We’re still listed as being on a Fibre contract, and we still have no internet at all.

Like most people, we desperately require internet in order to do our jobs, and have lost income already. I’d like TalkTalk to cancel Fibre and reinstate ADSL, as requested more than 24 hours ago, as a matter of urgency.

Have tried every other channel available - phone, message etc, and it’s practically impossible to get any communication from TalkTalk right now. I understand it’s a challenging time for businesses - but we’re just asking for a simple confirmation of a request that we are well within our rights to make.

Thanks.

Incidentally, I originally posted about our ‘no Fibre’ on go live date’ issue nine days ago in the forum - and no one ever replied to that. I’m wondering if TalkTalk are actively involved with this forum, or if - like the other channels - they’re being non-responsive here too?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi RobStringer,

My colleague sent a PM to confirm some details so we could help you on 12th. I can see Debbie also replied in your thread. We'd need you to respond to that message so we can help.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution